Author Topic: Anyone know of manafacturer of ...  (Read 11607 times)

Offline walmann

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Anyone know of manafacturer of ...
« on: February 08, 2010, 02:07:08 PM »
coin themed floor coverings. Items such as entry door mats or throw rugs.
Carpets or tiles with coin like images with US or World?

Looking to assist and doing a make over of a coin shop and search engines are not returning anything even remotely coin related in this regards.

Interested in world coins 1912,1917,1936,1937,1951,1960,1988,2008,2009

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Anyone know of manafacturer of ...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 03:05:24 PM »
Walmann, I don't know if you'll find anything like that, but I don't think it would be very practical anyway. After a few months of foot traffic, it wouldn't look too good.

I was able to find a coin-themed mouse pad that would be ideal to use as coin pad on the glass countertops. Sorry, it's the best I could find.

Chris

http://cgi.ebay.com/A265-Mouse-Pad-Mousepad-Mat-money-coin_W0QQitemZ250573261045QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a575488f5
The person who can laugh at himself always laughs last.

Offline Scottishmoney

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • Scottish Coinage and Beauties on Banknotes
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »
There is a restaurant in Chelsea MI that has them coins imbedded in the floor, and then covered over with an acrylic.  Even all these years later, and lots of little feet, it is a children's restaurant, they still look good.

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 12:15:48 PM »
Similar to what Scottishmoney said.

I remodeled 2 commercial places. One was a shoe store and the other was a coffee shop.

The coffee shop I placed coffee bags(you can use mint bags) various piles of beans(you can use coins)
not singles but rather placed in groups and not organized but rather in a rad om pattern grouped closely. Posters and other items. Then used a clear epoxy coating, its self leveling and is not slippery
nor will it wear done in time. It is also easy to wash and keep clean.

Before I placed these items on the floor I used a nice neutral background concrete stain....not paint!
The stain gives it an older antique feeling.

If you want more ideas, take pictures and measurements, pm me with them and I will throw in a few
ideas......if you want :)

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 01:26:11 PM »
Similar to what Scottishmoney said.

I remodeled 2 commercial places. One was a shoe store and the other was a coffee shop.

The coffee shop I placed coffee bags(you can use mint bags) various piles of beans(you can use coins)
not singles but rather placed in groups and not organized but rather in a rad om pattern grouped closely. Posters and other items. Then used a clear epoxy coating, its self leveling and is not slippery
nor will it wear done in time. It is also easy to wash and keep clean.

Before I placed these items on the floor I used a nice neutral background concrete stain....not paint!
The stain gives it an older antique feeling.

If you want more ideas, take pictures and measurements, pm me with them and I will throw in a few
ideas......if you want :)

The nice thing about an epoxy or polyurethane finish is that if it gets scratched or scuffed, you can sand out any impurities or imperfections and then use a cheap blowtorch to smooth out the finish so it looks like new.

Chris

Offline Swampboy

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 07:11:13 PM »
Not exactly what the OP is looking for but I'll post it anyway since what comes to mind is actually a local eatery in my neck of the
woods that has u.s. and world coins under clear epoxy on top of the booth tables.

An extreme example of coinage interior design from the 10,000 Siver Dollar Bar in Montana.

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 04:13:08 AM »
Not exactly what the OP is looking for but I'll post it anyway since what comes to mind is actually a local eatery in my neck of the
woods that has u.s. and world coins under clear epoxy on top of the booth tables.

An extreme example of coinage interior design from the 10,000 Siver Dollar Bar in Montana.

I always loved this picture ;D

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 10:12:49 PM »

I always loved this picture ;D

So do I! Did you check out that 1893-S in the fifth panel from the bottom, top row, just above the Drambuie?