Author Topic: Two new ones  (Read 2744 times)

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
Two new ones
« on: August 10, 2009, 04:40:55 PM »
Just got these two, and wanted to show you guys. I'll get better pics as soon as the coins get here.

regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Re: Two new ones
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 04:49:52 PM »
Very cool Taler..............I like it ;D

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 05:33:11 PM »
Even though I mainly collect European commemoratives. I do like Austrian and German Thalers so I find myself straying away from the commem's now and then.
regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 09:30:42 PM »
Even though I mainly collect European commemoratives. I do like Austrian and German Thalers so I find myself straying away from the commem's now and then.

I would say it was worth straying from the commemoratives for these.

Stefanie

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 01:45:40 AM »

Same here. While I collect mostly Russian and Balkan coins, I sometimes deviate from my normal routine if I find something that strikes my interest. It's a good thing to do so you don't end up getting bored from doing what you like. By the way, beautiful coins you have. Thanks for sharing.

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 07:27:44 PM »
Same here. While I collect mostly Russian and Balkan coins, I sometimes deviate from my normal routine if I find something that strikes my interest. It's a good thing to do so you don't end up getting bored from doing what you like. By the way, beautiful coins you have. Thanks for sharing.
[/quote]

Russian coins are next on my list of to get coins. My goal is to get a few nice Peter the Great peices graded MS 64 or 65. I like to collect the coins of the most historical important rulers. Peter to me was the most important historical ruler in Russian history. That's just my opinion though.
regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 06:07:01 PM »
Russian coins are next on my list of to get coins. My goal is to get a few nice Peter the Great peices graded MS 64 or 65. I like to collect the coins of the most historical important rulers. Peter to me was the most important historical ruler in Russian history. That's just my opinion though.
[/quote]

Russian coins are a very interesting area to collect, but get ready to dig deep into your wallet for some of the higher end pieces. Some of these can cost a small fortune. I bought alot of my Russian (Imperial and Soviet) coins years ago before the market went through the roof. Some of the specimens that I bought for $40-$70 about 10-15 years ago, go for $300+ today. Peter the Great was indeed one of the most influential leaders in Russian history. While he might not have been the kindest ruler, he certainly did make monumental changes that would echo for years to come. Good luck in your pursuit.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:54:53 AM by Zantetsuken »