Author Topic: 1935 Ville de Alger  (Read 1275 times)

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
1935 Ville de Alger
« on: February 04, 2013, 08:05:49 AM »
This purchase has a bit of odd circumstances to it. Thanks to the heads-up from a friend, I checked out this medal on eBay. The seller had a BIN of 230 Euros, but there was no "Make Offer". I sent him an e-mail asking if he would accept $200 USD. A few days went by without any word from him, and in the interim, another of the same medal was listed by yet another seller from France. The second one was listed with a BIN of $189 USD and was just as nice as the first. I didn't want to make an offer on the second until I had at least heard from the first seller. When he finally responded, he said that the least he could accept was 200 Euros which let me off the hook. I thanked him for his time and declined his counteroffer. So, I went ahead and made an offer of $150 USD for the second medal. The seller responded immediately and agreed to the purchase price. As a result, in just a matter of days, I saved myself as much as $150. It goes to show that just because a seller has a listing with a BIN doesn't mean that you necessarily have to pay that price. Everything is negotiable.

Chris

The person who can laugh at himself always laughs last.