Author Topic: I collect all things Russian  (Read 10017 times)

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Re: I collect all things Russian
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 11:20:22 AM »

Hey Stefanie, that one's nice, it would look great next to "mine"-

;)

In all seriousness, what a great piece of history that would be to own.  Got an extra $20-30 million?

Wow, that is soooooooo beautiful :Beatingheart;

Offline RHM22

• Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 11:21:59 AM »
I really like Faberge eggs. The piece posted above is the Trans-Siberian Railway egg, and it's my personal favorite. The other one posted is the Coronation egg, I believe.

Peter Carl Faberge actually made smaller, less intricate eggs for sale to the public. They are somewhat affordable, and anyone who has one can honestly say they have a Faberge egg!

By the way, your amber with insect inclusion is magnificent. Usually it's copal, and when it is amber, there's only small flies and mosquitoes in it. Any amber can sometimes have inclusions of feathers, spiders and even small reptiles! Anything with an insect as large as yours is very rare and makes for an impressive desk display.

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 10:45:39 PM »
Here's an item that I dug out of storage. While this is not nearly as beautiful as what Stefanie or FilthyBroke posted, I hope you like it all the same. This the imperial eagle emblem used by the Russian military. I doubt it's an original piece, but it's still nice.