Author Topic: Please post your favorite recipe's here.........  (Read 8233 times)

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Please post your favorite recipe's here.........
« on: January 25, 2010, 06:41:55 PM »
Cakes, cookies, main dishes...............I want to see them.
Please include pic's if possible. ;D

I would like include drinks as well.
Can eat without washing it down with something ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:47:58 PM by coinsarefun »

Offline LotsoLuck

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Please post your favorite recipe's here.........
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 06:38:49 PM »
Easy Chicken Casserole

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (actually half breasts)
2 boxes Long grain and wild rice ( I use Farmhouse)
2 cups of broccoli (frozen or fresh)
1 large can of Cream of Chicken soup
3/4 cup of mayonaise
Juice of one lemon
2 cups grated cheddar (medium or sharp)
2 cups of breadcrumbs

Prepare rice as per directions on box
Cut chicken into bite size pieces, season with salt and pepper, cook on stovetop until almost done.
Cut Broccoli into bite size pieces, put in pan of water until heated through (frozen) or cooked (fresh).
Mix Mayo, soup and lemon together, season to taste. Once chicken has cooled off a bit mix in with soup/mayo blend.
Once ingredients are cooked, layer in large pyrex dish in this order, Rice, Broccoli, chicken/soup mixture, cheese and breadcrumbs.
Put in oven at 350 for about 30 minutes or until nice and brown, then let it cool off some.

If you like lemon, add more. If you dont like Broccoli substitute for other veggie such as Asparagus. You can use white or dark meat.
I use sharp cheddar, I wouldnt use xtra sharp though. You can also use more or less mayo.
Enjoy!

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 10:02:54 PM »
Now I know what were having for dinner tomorrow night:)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 11:49:11 PM by coinsarefun »

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 11:44:49 PM »
Maple and Garlic Chicken

1. 4-6 boneless chicken (breast or thighs)
2. Peanut oil (canola or vegetable oil are good alternatives)
3. Maple syrup (regular is best)
4. Minced garlic
5. Garlic salt (optional)

Take a large frying pan and coat the bottom with peanut oil, place chicken slices in pan and turn over once moisten both sides, sprinkle maple syrup on top of each slice using as much or as little as you prefer, spread minced garlic on each slice adjusting the amount to your liking, sprinkle garlic salt (if desired) for additional seasoning, cook at medium-high heat (5-6 on the dial) until cooked thoroughly and is a golden brown, serve with rice, vegetable or any of your favorite side-dishes.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 11:59:35 PM by Zantetsuken »

Offline LotsoLuck

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 12:02:15 AM »
Maple and Garlic Chicken

1. 4-6 boneless chicken (breast or thighs)
2. Peanut oil (canola or vegetable oil are good alternatives)
3. Maple syrup (regular is best)
4. Minced garlic
5. Garlic salt (optional)

Take a large frying pan and coat the bottom with peanut oil, place chicken slices in pan and turn over once moisten both sides, sprinkle maple syrup on top of each slice using as much or as little as you prefer, spread minced garlic on each slice adjusting the amount to your liking, sprinkle garlic salt (if desired) for additional seasoning, cook at medium-high heat (5-6 on the dial) until cooked thoroughly and is a golden brown, serve with rice, vegetable or any of your favorite side-dishes.

Hey that sounds pretty good!

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 12:10:42 AM »

Hey that sounds pretty good!

It is. It tastes good with or without salt (IMO). Maple and garlic gives it a nice balance. I put vegetable and canola oils as an alternative in case anyone might be allergic to peanuts. I hope you like it if you try it. By the way your recipe sounds tasty too. I'm trying to keep it to a low drool over here. Good luck.

~Daniel
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:15:41 AM by Zantetsuken »

Offline Deagle74

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 02:16:56 AM »
I would like include drinks as well.
Can eat without washing it down with something ;)

...well I don't want you to be thirsty after all those gorgeous meals. I know you all know Mojito - but when visiting Trinidad, Cuba I actually prefer Canchanchara over Mojito.

There is also rum and lemon juice - but just a little bit different.
So that's how it goes:
You will need:
•   1.5 oz of raw rum (The most typical version of this drink uses a crude, unfinished rum called Aguardiente – but you will be good with Havana Club - Anejo 3 Años, which is light yellow (Aged 3 years)
•   0.5 oz of honey (approx. 2 tablespoons)
•   0.5 oz of lemon or lime juice
•   1 oz of water
•   2 oz of cracked ice (or less if you wish)

Pour the honey and the lemon juice into the glass and stir until the honey has dissolved. Add the rum and stir a bit than add the ice and the water and stir.

Enjoy,

Rok
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:19:12 AM by Deagle74 »

Offline walmann

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 11:21:52 AM »
Appetizer:
 Cut up two links of Kielbasa into bite size pieces add two jars of guava jelly, four jars of Chili sauce, place in crockpot. Low temp if you will not be eating till three or four hours later, high if you wish to consume within two hours or less.

Main Dish:
Groundnut soup.
Another crockpot meal.

Place medium size jar of natural peanut butter, two sliced onions, two jars of butter beans, large can of whole tomatoes (break these up), and a quarter cup palm oil (may use other oils in place of ).  Whole cooked chicken, not skin or bones, broken up to bite size pieces. Salt to your liking, either flake pepper or hot whole pepper to your liking. This dish is normally prepared very spicy, but may be toned down to a "hot" level that is more acceptable to other diners.

Heat setting may be either high or low depending on hour long quickly you wish to consume it. This dish can prepared prior to leaving for work on low and is ready to eat in early evening.

This is a sauce and intended to be placed on top of rice. Jasmine rice is a nice choice for this sauce. Can work as a topping for boiled cassava root or even potatoes.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:23:33 AM by walmann »
Interested in world coins 1912,1917,1936,1937,1951,1960,1988,2008,2009

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 11:57:26 AM »
Cornish Hens with Wild Rice

Ingredients:
1 six ounce package of mixed long grain wild rice
1 1/2 cups of water
4 tbs butter(1/2 stick)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cups of chicken broth
1 tbs. flour
1 package frozen green peas
2 Cornish Hens, halved
Freshly ground pepper
Butter, salt and dry mustard

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine rice and water in 2 quart saucepan. Cover and cook for 12 minutes or until water is absorbed. Melt butter in 3 quart casserole dish. Add onion, cook 3 minutes
sprinkle in flour, stir. Gradually add broth, heat to boiling point. Gently stir in rice and peas.
Rub hens with butter, pepper and mustard. Arrange on top of rice mixture.
Cover and bake for 45 minutes until rice is done and hens are tender. Remove lid and cook till hens become slightly golden brown.
Serves 4

I don't have a picture but I have been making this recipe for the last 20 years and I do vary the ingredients once in a while.

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 06:21:56 PM »
Cornish Hens with Wild Rice

Ingredients:
1 six ounce package of mixed long grain wild rice
1 1/2 cups of water
4 tbs butter(1/2 stick)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cups of chicken broth
1 tbs. flour
1 package frozen green peas
2 Cornish Hens, halved
Freshly ground pepper
Butter, salt and dry mustard

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine rice and water in 2 quart saucepan. Cover and cook for 12 minutes or until water is absorbed. Melt butter in 3 quart casserole dish. Add onion, cook 3 minutes
sprinkle in flour, stir. Gradually add broth, heat to boiling point. Gently stir in rice and peas.
Rub hens with butter, pepper and mustard. Arrange on top of rice mixture.
Cover and bake for 45 minutes until rice is done and hens are tender. Remove lid and cook till hens become slightly golden brown.
Serves 4

I don't have a picture but I have been making this recipe for the last 20 years and I do vary the ingredients once in a while.

I'm trying to keep it to low drool on this side, but I'm not succeeding very well. This sound great Stefanie. I got to try this sometime. Thanks for sharing.

~Daniel