Author Topic: More Ladies Join the Notaphilic Harem  (Read 13929 times)

Offline mmarotta

• Full Collector
  • Karma +2/-0
  • "There's a blaze of light in every word..."
    • Necessary Facts
Re: More Ladies Join the Notaphilic Harem
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 08:37:43 PM »
Howard Johnson Company.  Security-Columbian Banknote Company, circa 1970.

Mike M.
------------------------------------------------
Michael E. Marotta
ANA                                                      MSNS  
http://necessaryfacts.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Offline mmarotta

• Full Collector
  • Karma +2/-0
  • "There's a blaze of light in every word..."
    • Necessary Facts
The Women of the Euro Fund
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 09:11:35 PM »
The company was organized under Maryland law in 1959 as a closed-end management investment~company.According to the prospectus, it seeks to provide a means by which American investors may participate in the economic growth believed to be present in the Europpan Common Market countries (France, the Federal Republic of Germany. Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxemberg) and in countries and overseas territories havingapecial relations with such countries, by investing principally in securities of companies having substantial operations in these countries and related areas. The investment advisors of the company are listed as Euro-fund Beratungs A.G, (Eurofund Advisory Corporation). a Swiss corporation, and Eurofund American Advisory Company. Inc,. a New York Corporation.
The company has outstanding 1.102.500 shares of common stock, of which management officials as a groupown 20.102 shares and Glore, Forgan & Co. holds of record [garbled]  shares (of which 27,854 shares are owned beneficially). S, Sloan Colt is listed as board chairman and Hunter S, Marston, Jr, as president...
SEC News Digest May 19, 1961.
http://www.sec.gov/news/digest/1961/dig051961.pdf

Turn your search engine on Hunter S. Marston later. For now, the runway...

Top:  Security-Columbian Banknote Company, circa 1963 for less than 100 shares.
Middle: DeLaRue Banknote Company, circa 1967 for less than 100 shares.
Bottom: Amercan Banknote Company, circa 1970 for 100 Shares (similar to the "Semeuse" of Basic Resources International of the Bahamas from the Canadian Banknote Company (above.))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 09:42:04 PM by mmarotta »
Mike M.
------------------------------------------------
Michael E. Marotta
ANA                                                      MSNS  
http://necessaryfacts.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 09:21:03 PM »
The Howard Johnson one is very :signcool;
I like it!

Offline Scottishmoney

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • Scottish Coinage and Beauties on Banknotes
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 07:08:02 AM »
There was a HoJo restaurant and hotel about 5 miles from where I live that continued in business until about 7-8 years ago, it was definitely one of the last if not the last ones around.

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 10:03:18 AM »
I mis HoJo. When I used to live in Cleveland we used to stop off the the Turnpike and gwt
 a hamburger on our way to the cabin in Pa. Nice crisp fall days and looking foward to going and when we got to the cabin we (I)
q=would make such a huge fire everyone would have to open the windows and doors :D

Gosh I miss home and HoJo's :(

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
More ladies join the notaphilic harem.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 09:01:58 PM »
Check out this note;

Ulster 1940 1 Pound.

Please let me know what you think.

Aidan.

Offline Scottishmoney

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 07:10:32 AM »

Guatemala is a country in Central America, located betwixt Mexico and Nicaragua. Like many contemporary Latin American countries, commercial banks issued banknotes into the early part of the 20th century - the effect of which was very lovely designs created by Waterlow and Sons and American Banknote Company. Competition for banknote orders was fierce betwixt the two companies, but Guatemalan banks tended to go with Waterlow and Sons Printers for their note orders. One aspect of many Waterlow printed notes was that they used original vignettes created for the customer more often than ABNCo did.

Guatemala had pegged their currency, the Peso, to the French franc at a rate of 1 Peso : 5 Francs, but this peg was abandoned and the currency allowed to float - resulting in an inflationary period that extended for about a quarter of a century. In 1925 the Guatemalan central bank stepped in, and recalled all the peso denominated notes and exchanged 60 Pesos for a new "Quetzal" denominated currency that remains their currency unit to this day.

This note was issued by a commercial bank, El Banco de Occidente, Quetzaltenango, in the city of Quetzaltenango, Guatemala's second largest city in south central Guatemala. The design of this note dates into the late 19th century for this bank, and was used up until the currency recall in 1925.

Offline Scottishmoney

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »
Finally I found a nice enough one, after like a four year search...

These were used in Austria-Hungary until 1903 when they were demonetised and replaced with Krone denominated currency - the coins of which had been in circulation since 1892 and were two to the older "Gulden" - so this note circulated as a 10 Kroner note after 1892.

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 04:12:46 PM »
Finally I found a nice enough one, after like a four year search...

These were used in Austria-Hungary until 1903 when they were demonetised and replaced with Krone denominated currency - the coins of which had been in circulation since 1892 and were two to the older "Gulden" - so this note circulated as a 10 Kroner note after 1892.

Beautiful :Beatingheart; :Beatingheart; :Beatingheart;

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
More ladies join the notaphilic harem.
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 11:06:38 PM »
Check out this one;

Jersey N.D. (2010) 1 Pound.

It is inscribed in both French & Jersey Norman French on the back.

Please let me know what you think.

Aidan.