Author Topic: My other hobby  (Read 18000 times)

Offline Deagle74

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: My other hobby
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2010, 11:40:38 AM »
WOW some really great photos everyone - keep them coming!!!
Here is some contribution from my home archive.
Regards, Rok
P.S.
This is one super-cool thread!!

Offline Larry

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2010, 02:55:13 PM »

Hey, Deagle...

What is that red and white object? 

I have collected U.S coins for many years, and then Civil War Tokens, but am now actively building a collection of Conder Tokens,
the coins that made the Industrial Revolution a whopping success. : )

Offline Deagle74

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2010, 12:15:21 PM »

Hey, Deagle...

What is that red and white object?

Hi Larry, this is one of the aisles in the Le Corbusiers' church in Ronchamp, France (Chapelle Notre Dame du Haut, Ronchamp). What you're looking at is the windows and the light coming in at the top of the aisle which is painted red.

Here is a photo of a Chapelle from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre_Dame_du_Haut

http://figure-ground.com/ronchamp/

Bye, Rok
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:19:30 PM by Deagle74 »

Offline Larry

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2010, 05:34:35 PM »
Thanks, Rok.  Very interesting.  It had me completely stumped.  LOL
I have collected U.S coins for many years, and then Civil War Tokens, but am now actively building a collection of Conder Tokens,

Offline Larry

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2010, 10:54:13 AM »

Here's an image I edited this weekend, between Olympic events. 

I used some new software.  At first it had me puzzled.  ; )

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 10:55:56 AM by Larry »

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2010, 11:49:13 AM »
It still has me puzzled! I'm amazed that a die could stand up to so much abuse and not fall apart. Look at all of those die cracks.

Chris
The person who can laugh at himself always laughs last.

Offline Billy Kingsley

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • My Fotki- almost 90 thousand photos!
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2010, 12:04:55 AM »
Thanks for the comments, guys! I really don't know much at all about that car. I snapped this photo at a car show in my hometown last summer, and it just kind of came out perfectly. With the squirrel, it was kind of a standoff between myself and the squirrel. I was actually afraid it was going to jump on my head. I backed down from it, though I am much, much bigger :) I have been lucky enough to feed squirrels by hand, though. Maybe it was the same one?

I will look for a GTO picture for you Chris...I probably do, and if not, can probably get you one in May!

That horse photo is incredible! What a great memory of capturing it as well. I often wonder what is going on in the minds of animals.

Those red flowers in the fieild are very nice as well, that looks like the kind of photo that would be on a greeting card!
Billy Kingsley Member: ANA, SPMC
http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/
Collector of all coins, currency, whatever I like!

Offline Deagle74

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2010, 12:39:57 AM »
Those red flowers in the fieild are very nice as well, that looks like the kind of photo that would be on a greeting card!

Thank you Bill :)

Regards, Rok

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2010, 07:03:25 AM »
With the squirrel, it was kind of a standoff between myself and the squirrel. I was actually afraid it was going to jump on my head. I backed down from it, though I am much, much bigger :) I have been lucky enough to feed squirrels by hand, though. Maybe it was the same one?

I will look for a GTO picture for you Chris...I probably do, and if not, can probably get you one in May!

Billy, be very careful around squirrels. Not only are they known to carry rabies, but they can turn on you in a heartbeat and their bite can be very painful.

Yeah, the 66 Goat was my favorite car. I bought it brand new for $2300. In 1973, when gas prices started going up, I started driving an economy car to and from work, and my wife used it for running errands. I kept telling her that she needed to take it in for service because the carburetors needed rebuilding, but she kept putting it off. One day while she was in the grocery store, she heard over the PA system that a burgundy Pontiac was on fire in the parking lot. She got out there just in time to prevent the firemen from smashing the windows to make sure the fire hadn't spread to the passenger compartment. Fortunately, the fire was contained in the engine compartment. We had it towed back to our house, and I cleaned off the scorched hood with naval jelly and put primer on it to keep it from rusting. About two months later, I guy came to the door and asked if we were interested in selling it as is. He gave me $1000 for it, rebuilt and rewired the engine and set it up for the track where it turned low 9's. I sure do miss that car which is more than I can say for my ex-wife.

Chris
The person who can laugh at himself always laughs last.