Author Topic: Check out these notes from Scotland - where my ancestors came from.  (Read 5945 times)

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
Check out these 3 Scots banknotes.

They finally arrived on Saturday.

Boy,was I glad to get them.

Let me know what you think.

Yes,photos are up on Facebook & http://www.banknotebank.com/collection/BCNumismatics as well.

Aidan.

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: Check out these notes from Scotland - where my ancestors came from.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 06:54:36 PM »
 :ThumbsUp;

I especially like the first one pictured.
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline Scottishmoney

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • Scottish Coinage and Beauties on Banknotes
Re: Check out these notes from Scotland - where my ancestors came from.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 08:09:42 AM »

On the back of this note, in the frame where the Glasgow branch office is, turn the note upside down and look with a magnifying glass in the "grass" in the field.  With a good eye, you will notice "W H Egan" in the field - this was an oft noticed aspect of the notes, but the engraver denied this until the 1990's when he finally fessed up and admitted that he had indeed engraved his name in the field.

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
Check out these notes from Scotland - where my ancestors came from.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 11:30:56 PM »

On the back of this note, in the frame where the Glasgow branch office is, turn the note upside down and look with a magnifying glass in the "grass" in the field.  With a good eye, you will notice "W H Egan" in the field - this was an oft noticed aspect of the notes, but the engraver denied this until the 1990's when he finally fessed up and admitted that he had indeed engraved his name in the field.

David,
  That is very interesting to know.

I will have to buy myself a magnifying glass so I can see this,& because my eyesight is not as good as it used to be.

Aidan.