Author Topic: I think I'm going to start a new library.  (Read 3280 times)

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
I think I'm going to start a new library.
« on: March 29, 2013, 09:56:21 AM »
I submitted five large medals to NGC at the FUN Show in January. One of the medals went to NCS, first, for conservation so it was shipped back to me separately. When the package arrived, I found that there was a box inside the shipping container, but I was somewhat surprised by what was inside. I like the way that NGC packaged this oversized slab. The box, which measures 7-1/2"x10"x2" (about the size of a good novel) has tabs on one side which insert along the edge to close it. There is a slab of thick foam (for lack of the correct term) covering the medal, a slab of foam cut out to the shape of the oversized slab, and another slab of thick foam beneath the medal for complete protection. I wish that the others had been housed in their own box like this one, but they were in a foam sleeve inside a box with slotted compartments just like an ordinary shipping box for coins except a wee bit larger.

Now, if I can only convince NGC to sell me some these boxes for the other oversized slabs. Perhaps, if they could get a new supply of them in faux leather with designer colors, I could put labels on the "spine" and create a new library. I've got a LOT MORE medals I could add to the set.

Chris

The person who can laugh at himself always laughs last.

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Re: I think I'm going to start a new library.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 07:55:29 PM »
Perhaps, if they could get a new supply of them in faux leather with designer colors, I could put labels on the "spine" and create a new library. I've got a LOT MORE medals I could add to the set.

Chris

Chris!!
That is sooooo cool looking. It would be great if they could do that :3dancingsmiley;