Author Topic: Rare and condition rarity coins are still rising on modern and classic coins.  (Read 3036 times)

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
The last auction in Las Vegas had some coins sell for higher prices again. I also have seen some
moderns and ASE's go for big money...........Rare and condition rarity
still on the rise, metals continuing downward. Stocks also continuing to rise.
What are we going to see next?

Offline cladking

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +1/-0
I don't believe the market can hold up if the metals continue lower significantly more but the drop in metals is already overdone.  It's tough to say what exactly is going on but it appears the recovery is probably intact but the stock market is disappointed with Chinese growth and the metals are reacting to the possibility that other countries beyond Cyprus will have to sell gold.  If this is true then look for a big bounce back in silver and continuing pressure on gold. 

I have the sense that there are some worried people out there and more bad news could slap markets.  The government is trying to control all these markets and they'd do much better left to themselves (it won't happen though).

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Thanks cladking for the insight. I have heard that the Chinese have overbuilt and the economy is
in potential or possible decline, have you or anyone else hear this?

If it is true would this not contribute to the drop in pm prices and may even drop lower?
Also this could further slow our economic recovery.

I'm not sure if it would be this desperate a scenario but I found it to be an interesting scenario
although I hope absolutely false as my construction company needs growth ;)

Offline cladking

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +1/-0
Growth in China has just been astronomical for decades.  they might simply be bumping against the point that the base is so large now that they can't maintain 8% growth any longer.  They still have a lot of modernization they need to do to continue the growth rate. 

Nobody seems to have a lot of confidence in the recovery so far.  We want to believe it's real but no changes have been implemented and it's politics as usual in Washington.  It seems only the bankers and financial industry has a voice.