Author Topic: 1915 Panama Pacific Gold coin and the Coca-Cola Convention  (Read 10382 times)

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
1915 Panama Pacific Gold coin and the Coca-Cola Convention
« on: October 17, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »
Here is something very interesting that I have been searching for many, many years.

This is a fantasy piece as Coca-Cola never produced them.......Beware there are knock off's on the market
of even these pieces!!
They are very crude and one can tell the difference, which I will show and give examples of here soon.

Anyways, it really is a beautiful piece being very hefty and large. My best guess through research makes me think that this is an original with case. I also think they were produced in 1965 by the Coca Cola Bottlers collectors Club that had a 50th Coke anniversary to celebrate they had these struck.

Now, some say that these were struck in 1915, but the case construction and materials do not match any materials
from the era. Others say that these were struck in the 1970's I disagree but think the cheaper knock off of these are.
Again I will post some more pictures to support my theory later.

There was a great article February of this year in Coin World that showed the medal and gave there theory
which I have included pictures from that article but suggest it highly as a great read! Also explains the reverse owl.

Below is the image of my latest and long waited for 1915 Pan Pac fantasy piece and hope you enjoy it.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:12:21 PM by coinsarefun »

Offline VDB Coins

• Collector
  • Karma +2/-0
    • VDB Coins
Re: 1915 Panama Pacific Gold coin and the Coca-Cola Convention
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 07:09:01 AM »
Great find Stefanie! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Best Regards,  :)

George
Best Regards,

George
www.VDBCoins.com