Author Topic: 1796 Myddleton Token and Contemporary Electrotype Coins  (Read 8572 times)

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
1796 Myddleton Token and Contemporary Electrotype Coins
« on: July 20, 2014, 02:38:02 PM »
My newest addition to my electrotype set. Its a little rough but I haven't seen another and only heard of one or two more supposedly around.

Imaged by Mark Goodman and with his great images you can see how an electrotype looks, even though somewhat crude.
This is the closest I will come to owning one and very proud of it. Its on its way out to me very soon.

Its been a fantastic, intriguing and educating trip along the way collecting and assembling a nice collection of these. I never thought
of myself even remotely interested in collecting early copper.....let alone contemporary electrotypes. But I just couldn't resist the history and beauty behind great
Early American Coppers,'so this was an excellent alternative for me.

I know that there are many members here that frown upon them and even more quietly collect and study them. Some members are just not sure what they ares
so I decided to post my newest addition and an article that was in CoiinWeek magazine online written by Mark Ferguson Link is here regarding electrotypes.
He references the 1804 Dollar but he explaining the process very well.

First is the article posted below followed by my Myddleton token.

And here is my newest addition.

The rest of my collection:

Offline rrantique

• Full Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
Re: 1796 Myddleton Token and Contemporary Electrotype Coins
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 02:25:20 PM »
Love your collection [url=http://www.freesmileys.or
Irvin