Author Topic: eBay seller/buyers scammed...to the tune of thousands of dollars!!  (Read 3009 times)

Offline JakeBlue

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
Last week, I bid and won a raw 1894-O AU Morgan. My high bid was $110.50. I had checked the seller's feedback and he had over 1700 positive feedbacks and had recently sold some expensive jewelry with positive feedback.

Well....

Received an email from eBay today explaining that if I made an off eBay purchase from this seller or was contacted by the seller, to contact eBay. I then looked at my purchase in my "won" page, and it showed the seller as "no longer registered" with eBay.

Alarms were now going off

I immediately called eBay and they looked at the account and transaction and without a full explanation, offered me a full refund to my paypal account. Good deal.

Fortunately, I only won one of the auctions that, apparently, was a major fraud scam. It was perpetrated by either the original account holder or the account was "hijacked" and used to sell coins that were not in their possesion.

But, several people bid and won on this guy's auctions. I had been watching several of his auctions over the past week and while those auction links are still in "my watching" page, the links connect to the "death" notice of the item.

The seller's ID of "Snipitz".  He had over 100 auctions over the past week.

If anyone here purchased a coin from those auctions or seller directly, I would contact ebay immediately.

Link below to the completed auctions.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/merchant/Snipitz_W0QQLHQ5fCompleteZ1QQ_dmdZ1QQ_ipgZ50QQ_sinceZ15QQ_sopZ12?_rdc=1&_rdc=2