Author Topic: Memorium  (Read 6341 times)

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Memorium
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:18:39 AM »

In loving memory of my father Robert, who died yesterday afternoon at the age of 87. He was a great man, and wonderful father. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him. Thanks for everything dad. This is a photo of my mom and dad at a wedding reception back in 1978.  They were a happy couple and awesome parents. I owe so much to them

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Re: Memorium
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:31:35 AM »
Oh Daniel. I'm am so sorry to hear about your Father.
May he rest in peace.  :(

Stefanie

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 02:25:15 PM »
Daniel, I'm very sorry to hear this.  Hang in there, and remember the great times you both had together. 

And remember that we're here for you if you need us :)
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 04:06:54 PM »
Thanks for your wishes, both of you. You guys are the best. My dad died of complications due to congestive heart failure. He was diagnosed in '09, after which had a defibrillator. He was never quite the same since. He slowly went down hill, losing his strength and appetite. The month and a half were the worst. His death yesterday, made me sad and relieved at the same time. I'm sorry to have lost him, but happy that he's with mom and eldest brother again. Your moral support is more helpful than you realize. Thanks once again, and best wishes to you, and all who read this thread.

PS~Here's a photo of my dad when he was in the navy in World War II. I kind of like the Crackerjack uniforms they donned back then.

~Daniel
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:46:13 PM by coinsarefun »

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 08:00:22 PM »
That is a great picture!  I bet he had some cool stories to tell about the war, too.  My grandfafther was in the war, but I never got a chance to hear any stories, I was 12 or 13 when he passed.  Those guys are real heroes. 
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 07:12:04 PM »
Actually, my father didn't have too many stories to tell since, he never saw combat. It was still risky to be sure, no matter what your duties were. I liked this image too. To me, my dad was a hero for his contribution, as well as the others who served in the war. I'm sorry you never got to hear your grandfathers stories. They probably would have been interesting. My dad did tell me an interesting story from a few years earlier in his life. He told me he was playing baseball in New York in 1937, and he saw the Hindenburg fly overhead just before it exploded during it's landing attempt in Lakehurst, New Jersey. Who knew he'd witness one of the most famous air crafts before the tragic event that changed aviation history.

~Daniel
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:13:39 PM by Zantetsuken »

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 01:05:16 AM »
Actually, my father didn't have too many stories to tell since, he never saw combat. It was still risky to be sure, no matter what your duties were. I liked this image too. To me, my dad was a hero for his contribution, as well as the others who served in the war. I'm sorry you never got to hear your grandfathers stories. They probably would have been interesting. My dad did tell me an interesting story from a few years earlier in his life. He told me he was playing baseball in New York in 1937, and he saw the Hindenburg fly overhead just before it exploded during it's landing attempt in Lakehurst, New Jersey. Who knew he'd witness one of the most famous air crafts before the tragic event that changed aviation history.

~Daniel

Wow, that must have been a very cool thing for your Dad watching the Hindenburg flying over!

It's the great memories that you have now, and as time passes you will be blessed with more memories that you have forgotten. You may be doing something very insignificant and it will remind you of him. At least that has happened to me countless times as I was very close to my father.

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 06:14:57 AM »
Wow, that must have been a very cool thing for your Dad watching the Hindenburg flying over!

It's the great memories that you have now, and as time passes you will be blessed with more memories that you have forgotten. You may be doing something very insignificant and it will remind you of him. At least that has happened to me countless times as I was very close to my father.

Oh Stefanie, you are soooo right. This happens to me too. I might see, or do something, as you say 'insignificant', and it will trigger memories of a loved one I lost.  It even still happens for people I lost years ago.  Both my mom and dad had great sense of humors. Sometimes I'll see something funny from and old comedy, and think how it made them laugh when they were with me. Or I might see something funny now, and think how this would make them laugh if they were still here. It's things like this that help ease the pain.

~Daniel
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 06:16:00 AM by Zantetsuken »

Offline Deagle74

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 05:38:39 AM »
My condolance Zantesunken.....it's never easy to loose a dad....believe me I know.... ;(
Only after one goes to another world you know how much too little time did you spend together. You will keep him in a great memory!!
Bye R.

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 10:06:06 AM »
My condolance Zantesunken.....it's never easy to loose a dad....believe me I know.... ;(
Only after one goes to another world you know how much too little time did you spend together. You will keep him in a great memory!!
Bye R.

Thanks 'Deagle74', I appreciate your wishes. I'm sorry about your dad too, no matter how long ago it might have been. Your right, it's never easy to lose a loved one, especially a parent. As sorry as I am for him dying, I'm thankful that he's not in pain or distress any more. He'd been in poor health for awhile, and it was a downward spiral since he fell and hit his head on his birthday. I have many great memories of him, and I will always treasure them. Regards.

~Daniel
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:08:42 AM by Zantetsuken »