Author Topic: What is your favourite soft drink?  (Read 5453 times)

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
What is your favourite soft drink?
« on: November 08, 2009, 07:32:28 PM »
In my case,it is this one; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coke_Zero .

I am always buying it every week,as it is one of the few soft drinks that I can have without any worries.There's no sugar in it,so I don't become like a teddy bear,as I am already teddy-bear-like anyway.

I was laid up in hospital for a week early last year,due to a severe pancreatitis attack that could have killed me.I had to wait from May until October last year with a stone-filled gallbladder that kept me feeling sick.Finally,I had it removed in a keyhole surgical procedure.I spent overnight in hospital after the operation,plus a week at home.For 6 weeks,there was no heavy lifting for me at all.

So,what is your favourite soft drink?

Aidan.

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Re: What is your favourite soft drink?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 08:44:31 PM »
Coffee, black and Ice tea.

And yep.......makes me one nervous girl :Funny;

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 09:08:10 PM »
Stefanie,
  Coffee & tea don't count as soft drinks.

When I have a cup of tea,it always has to have a bit of milk & 3 teaspoons of sugar.

I've always had a very sweet tooth.

Drinking Coke Zero relaxes me for a while,as I get pretty stressed out very easily,due to my ill-health.

Aidan.

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 09:11:47 PM »
Stefanie,
  Coffee & tea don't count as soft drinks.

Yes, I know, that's why I posted the two, because I don't drink soft drinks :Funny;

Offline Billy Kingsley

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • My Fotki- almost 90 thousand photos!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 05:17:19 PM »
I will rarely injest a Mountain Dew, maybe three a year. Sometimes more, usually less. It's not uncommon for me to go more then 5 years without a single one, mostly I have them at gatherings and events when it is the best option available. I prefer to drink milk with everything, excepting pasta which I prefer water with, and orange juice just for fun.
Billy Kingsley Member: ANA, SPMC
http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/
Collector of all coins, currency, whatever I like!

Offline walmann

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »
It use to be Vimto (a British soft drink) very sweet with a black currants flavor.

Now that I have to watch blood sugar levels its Coke Zero Cherry or Coke Zero or Diet Doctor Pepper.

Coffee love but half and half, with Splenda to doctor it up.
Interested in world coins 1912,1917,1936,1937,1951,1960,1988,2008,2009

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 02:42:50 AM »
Walmann,
  We don't have Cherry Coke or Cherry Coke Zero over here in New Zealand.We had Cherry Coke for a short period in 1995,but unfortunately,it got pulled.

I do occasionally buy a can of Dr. Pepper,which is quite nice.I noticed that Dr. Pepper is canned in Atlanta,Georgia under licence from the Dr. Pepper Company in Plano,Texas.

I haven't seen Vanilla Coke around for nearly 3 years.

Aidan.

Offline Larry

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 04:36:25 PM »
The best soft drinks were non-carbonated:

• Bireley's Berry was my favorite, but their grape and orange were also great.

It's not made any more, and I notice the bottles are worth $5-9 each. Wow.

http://www.angelfire.com/tn/traderz/bireleys.html

• Hund & Eger (St. Joseph MO) grapefruit, cherry, lemon, watermelon, sassafras and others.  I used to be a member of the Adventure Club at the YMCA and we would have a field trip every week.  Once each year we would go to Hund & Eger Bottling Company and drink all the pop we wanted, kept cold in a watering trough filled with ice water.  Yummy.  They were also the Coca-Cola bottler there.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/rare-1940s-coca-cola-hund-eger-silhouette

http://members.fortunecity.com/wuppie/he1.jpg

•  KIST orange pop... I won two cases of orange pop and two baby chicks at a St. Joseph Cardinals baseball game once.  The pop lasted a couple of weeks, the chicks were grown in time for the annual Family Reunion.  Since I had given one to my little brother, he was devastated by their demise.

• Apple Valley... apple, orange, cherry.

• KAYO... made with chocolate, and water I guess.  It did not compare with chocolate milk though.

• Of the carbonated beverages, I suppose Cherry Coke was my favorite, but I drank Coke, Pepsi, 7-Up, and I liked root beer from A&W, Richardson's restaurant, Dad's.  Dad's root beer today is made from a much different recipe.

Until the past few years, I drank a gallon of milk every day, ever since high school football.  After practice, I would drink lots of water, then at home, 2 glasses of milk before dinner, two glasses with dinner.  After that, just occasional trips to the Frigidaire to drink from the bottle, which Mom always hated.  LOL

Coffee and tea are good, too, and I prefer French Roast if available at Starbucks or elsewhere.  I like lots of sugar in either.  But milk, chocolate milk, milkshakes, and malts are my mainstays.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 04:54:14 PM by Larry »
I have collected U.S coins for many years, and then Civil War Tokens, but am now actively building a collection of Conder Tokens,
the coins that made the Industrial Revolution a whopping success. : )

Offline Scottishmoney

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • Scottish Coinage and Beauties on Banknotes
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 12:55:26 PM »
Fanta yabloko, apple soda in Ukraine.  In China my favourite is Sprite mint.  In the USA I stick to green tea and all is good.

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 09:57:07 PM »
I did have a can of Coke Cherry towards the end of last year.

It was imported from America through the shop I had bought it from.

Aidan.