Author Topic: My other hobby  (Read 18034 times)

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: My other hobby
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 05:22:38 PM »
How about.......

Arizona? Are you crazy? I'm a St. Louis Cardinal!

Chris

PS. What kind of bird is that after the great blue heron?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 05:24:22 PM by cpm9ball »
The person who can laugh at himself always laughs last.

Offline Larry

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »
There are many nice images posted.  I suppose I like the Eastern Bluebird, the lighthouse and the trails on the mountain most of all.  : )

I spend a lot of time photographing my coins and tokens, and editing photos from the past, when professional photography was an avocation.  Although I can't get out much these days, I receive a lot of photos from a friend and I edit those I like best from those he sends along.  He visits here in Chicago occasionally.  When he was here in December, we went to Lincoln Park Zoo and we both took some nice  photos.  We met through coin collecting, but now share a passion for photography and editing as hobbies.  I helped him get started in nature photography. : )

Since photography is the hobby/avocation we are sharing, I'll also share a few photos of my granddaughter, who is completely natural.  They live on Kent Island, in Maryland now, but visited two weeks ago, when I took these two photos.

I have collected U.S coins for many years, and then Civil War Tokens, but am now actively building a collection of Conder Tokens,
the coins that made the Industrial Revolution a whopping success. : )

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 05:42:41 PM »
You do very nice editing work.  :ThumbsUp;
regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 07:05:42 PM »
Nice photos, Larry. Is it your son who lives on Kent Island? I'm originally from Rockville, and I must have made 1000 trips along Rte. 50 over Kent Island on my way to Ocean City. The island is noted as being the oldest settlement in Maryland, established in 1636, I believe.
The person who can laugh at himself always laughs last.

Offline Conderluva

• Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 07:45:55 PM »
As always, great pics Larry. :)

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 09:07:48 PM »
As always, great pics Larry. :)

I think Deagle and cpm9 also posted some very nice photos. Larry does nice work. Some people like a painted look, and some like a natural look.
regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 09:31:05 PM »
Wow! These are gorgeous photos 'regandon'. You're quite the photographer. I love your nature photos. Crisp, vibrant colors and the subjects you chose are incredible. Thanks so much for sharing. The most impressive nature photo I took was with a 35mm camera almost 20 years ago when I captured a lightning strike from my bedroom window one night (don't know if I still have it). I'll try to post some images of mine if your interested? The rest of the images from other members are also great. Thanks for sharing.

~Daniel
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:33:17 PM by Zantetsuken »

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 09:35:40 PM »
Wow! These are gorgeous photos 'regandon'. You're quite the photographer. I love your nature photos. Crisp, vibrant colors and the subjects you chose are incredible. Thanks so much for sharing. The most impressive nature photo I took was with a 35mm camera almost 20 years ago when I captured a lightning strike from my bedroom window one night (don't know if I still have it). I'll try to post some images of mine if your interested? The rest of the images from other members are also great. Thanks for sharing.

~Daniel

Thanks for the nice comment, and yes I would like to your photos.
regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 10:27:08 PM »
This is not actually my photo, but rather one I restored. This is a photo of my mother (the woman on the right) when she was a receptionist at the Chrysler Building in New York City during World War II. As you can see time was less than kind to the original photo, so I scanned it to my hard drive, then used Photo Shop to air-brush the damaged areas. Considering this my first attempt at photo restoration, this came out pretty good. Hope you like it. I'll try to post some photos of my own, once I find ones that I like.

(ORIGINAL)

(RESTORED)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:31:53 PM by Zantetsuken »

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 10:41:15 PM »
WOW, that must have been a lot of work.  (hail))
regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS