Author Topic: USA Coin Book - Alternative to eBay auctions and stores  (Read 4472 times)

Offline usacoinbook

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
USA Coin Book - Alternative to eBay auctions and stores
« on: September 06, 2010, 10:29:09 PM »
Greetings everyone,

I would like to introduce you to USA Coin Book: http://www.usacoinbook.com/

Basically, our site is an alternative to eBay but also highly specialized just for coin collectors, making it one-of-a-kind. First of all, anyone can quickly look up coin values, statistics, pictures, composition and other facts about coins in a very clean, organized and fast-loading "Red Book" format. Integrated into this site is a marketplace where members can easily buy, sell, auction or just keep track of their personal collection online. There are no costs to sign up and no costs to list products or view information. The only thing we charge is a 2% final value fee on any sold coins, which means we only make money when someone else does.

Compare this to an example of an eBay co in dealer that recently contacted me, who has a store with 20,000 coins. This dealer would have to spend $300 per month for the store front, plus $600 every 7 days in fixed listing fees (whether they sold the coins or not), on top of a 12% final value fee on anything that gets sold. This leaves very little room for dealer profits and buyers get stuck with over-priced coins. With our site, everyone wins. Dealers earn more profits, the buyer gets better deals and the casual collector gets lots of coin information, pictures and being able to catalog their collections online. This is one reason why our site has become a wildly popular idea among collectors in the days since our launch.

The site is specifically related to coins, coin supplies, bullion, paper monies and more. Members can look up coin prices, values and information about nearly every US coin ever minted as well. They can even keep track of personal collections online for free, upload images and show off their personal collection to other members without having to purchase software. They can also use the "wishlist" feature to place coin requests an offering price so any dealers can browse though and try to make deals with potential buyers looking for specific items where they can instantly accept and purchase your offer, meaning more money-making opportunity.

If you are interested, please check us out. We are working hard to bring more buyers and sellers to the site. We have already amassed nearly 100 members in one month since our launch with members selling coins with no-reserve auctions and in the BIN (buy it now) format. There are also members currently looking for coins and willing to pay money for them right now.

Kind regards
USA Coin Book

Offline mmarotta

• Full Collector
  • Karma +2/-0
  • "There's a blaze of light in every word..."
    • Necessary Facts
Re: USA Coin Book - Alternative to eBay auctions and stores
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 06:45:46 PM »
I like the presentation.  Taking on eBay is a challenge, even with a nice design and a targeted marketplace.  I would not know how to grow such a business.  Where do you get your writing and images from.  The story about the New Orleans Mint, for example, was nicely done.  Did you write it?

Mike M.
------------------------------------------------
Michael E. Marotta
ANA                                                      MSNS  
http://necessaryfacts.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Offline usacoinbook

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: USA Coin Book - Alternative to eBay auctions and stores
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 12:47:36 AM »
Hello mmarotta,

I'm glad you visited the site! It is certainly a challenge taking on eBay. This is one of the reasons why I've been trying to get other websites to create backlinks to our site. Basically, major search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com look at these links as (positive votes) towards our site. Google's algorithm will then rank us higher, hence we will get more traffic from search engines. After that, they can spread the word or return to the site as almost all of them have done so far.

All of the writings I have done myself and much of the images came from Wikipedia. Those figures you found at the end of that New Orleans mint article are not found anywhere else. I had to use mathematical equations and sort through the database of every US coin in history  to come up with those figures! It wasn't originally planned but after I entered in every coin, I thought this would be some really cool information to look into.

Kind regards
USA Coin Book