Author Topic: World Premier~Banknotes  (Read 21023 times)

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: World Premier~Banknotes
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 04:51:18 PM »
Here's my latest addition. This is 3,000 Tenge from the BUKHARA SOVIET PEOPLES REPUBLIC dated 1338 AH/1920 AD. Printed with engraved woodblocks. Also, this note appears to have a slight discrepancy with the Islamic date. It says '1337' instead '1338' AH.

BUKHARA SOVIET PEOPLES REPUBLIC~3,000 Tenge 1338 AH/1920 AD
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:56:20 PM by Zantetsuken »

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 08:54:27 PM »
Here's one that arrived today. This 250 Ruble from the TURKESTAN REGIONAL SOVIET dated 1919. This is an upgrade of a previous note that I posted earlier.

TURKESTAN (SOVIET)~250 Ruble 1919

~Daniel
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:55:04 PM by Zantetsuken »

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »
Very nice notes Zantetsuken. I love the ones that are printed with engraved woodblocks.
They have a certain quality about them that makes a person really like them :)

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »
Very nice notes Zantetsuken. I love the ones that are printed with engraved woodblocks.
They have a certain quality about them that makes a person really like them :)

Thanks Stef. I love the notes printed from wood blocks too. The detailing is beautiful and so are the colors. This one, so far, has the most dazzling colors of all. I'm proud of the results, because the image came out almost true to the original colors and detail. I like the 250 Ruble note for the blue-green color. Also, I think the torches on the obverse look really cool. Certainly a unique feature on paper money.  ;D

~Daniel
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:17:56 AM by Zantetsuken »

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 07:42:52 PM »
Those are some very bold colors on the 3,000 tenge.   I don't think I've seen anything like it. :ThumbsUp;
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 07:51:38 PM »
Those are some very bold colors on the 3,000 tenge.   I don't think I've seen anything like it. :ThumbsUp;

Thanks 'FilthyBroke', I'm glad you like it. This is one of the most colorful notes in my collection. Forunately, I was able to capture the color tones pretty accurately. The Tenga issues for Soviet Bukhara are much rarer than the Ruble issues. If you have any banknotes, feel free to share.

~Daniel

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 08:24:24 PM »
I have a couple of cheap WWII era notes, maybe I'll get some pics of them and post.  Nothing noteworthy, but I started a WWII collection as something to look for at the local shows and couldn't help but pick up a few notes the other week to add to this budding collection.  All circulated examples, but that was what appealed to me about the WWII era stuff.

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »
I have a couple of cheap WWII era notes, maybe I'll get some pics of them and post.  Nothing noteworthy, but I started a WWII collection as something to look for at the local shows and couldn't help but pick up a few notes the other week to add to this budding collection.  All circulated examples, but that was what appealed to me about the WWII era stuff.

Cool. I'd love to see them. I use the CanoScan LiDe 70 flatbed scanner, to capture the images of my paper money. It does a fairly good job of maintaining the integrity of the colors. It sucks however, when scanning coins, or anything with depth.

~Daniel

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 03:32:08 PM »
Ok, snapped a few pics of my WWII notes.  I'd try the scanner on them, but it's in two pieces right now. :D

I wanted to find a collecting theme that I could work on cheaply and that I could easily find at local shows.  That way, I don't come home form the shows empty-handed again.  I decided to follow a WWII theme of circulated coins and notes, starting with the main players - Germany, France, England, U.S, Japan, you get the idea.... I am just making this a "fun" set, no pressure of competition or high quality.  Just some coins and notes that have seen some public use during the war.

These aren't much to look at, but only set me back about ten bucks for all three. 

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 04:52:08 PM »
Cool notes 'FilthyBroke', thanks for sharing. I love the image of the Brandenburg Gate on the reverse of the German note. The Brandenburg Gate certainly is interesting and remarkable landmark. It survived two world wars, the cold war and God only knows what else. The Japanese notes are nice with their landscape and floral images. The allied issued notes for Europe were kind of plain looking, but interesting in it's own way. Sadly, U.S. notes sorely lack color and imagination. That's why I buy foreign (coins and notes). More variety, longer histories, and better designs. If you get any more, please, feel free to share.

~Daniel