A Quintuplet of newps including a medal!

Back
  • A Quintuplet of newps including a medal!   by AnkurJ on 03 Jun, 2011 23:27
  • Yes....I have an illness called buying coins :)

Thanks to borad member holeinone for the three coins. These three are now part of my US type registry. Feel free to post your comments/complaints/concerns etc.

First is a 1937d Three Legger Buffalo Nickel PCGS AU50. The toning on the obverse looks like the Indian Chief is wearing war paint! The reverse has very pretty rainbow hues which were difficult to capture.

Second is a 1891 Seated Quarter PCGS AU55. Very lustrous colorful toning. Sharp details!

Third is a sleeper date 1905 Barber Half PCGS AU58 with sunset reds and purples on the obverse. Sunrise on the water in winter colors on the reverse ;)
    The mark on the face is not nearly as prominent in hand.

Last is an ebay purchase, a Louisiana Purchase Grand Prize Medal. It has a few dings and spots of verdigris, but for the price was very reasonable. A much lesser condition example sold for only $20 less a few weeks ago.

Thanks for looking!
    Ankur
  • Reply #1   by Billy Kingsley on 03 Jun, 2011 23:43
  • Very cool, I really like the medal. Those dolphins look pretty mean, or perhaps aggrivated. Overall great design.
  • Reply #2   by bear on 05 Jun, 2011 11:53
  • I like the seated liberty very much. It is a truly lovely coin. Yes the 1905 is a very

underated date, that is why I purchased the MS-66+ graded one in the recent Heritage

auction. All in all, I think you did very well with your haul. Well done indeed. ;)

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page:
You're not logged in

Navigation