Post Your Most Beautifully Toned Coins!

Back
  • Reply #10   by VDB Coins on 04 Jan, 2013 06:26
  • This is a business strike coin, not a Special Mint Set piece. These 1965-67 business strikes in high grade are supertough! This one I nabbed off of eBay when everybody else was sleeping, and the seller called it Picasso color, a phrase I liked so much I use it to this day for this coin. I have had a lot of interest in this coin over the years, but it's part of our #2 Complete Registry Set, not for sale at this time. Enjoy!

Best Regards,  [url=http://www.freesmileys.or

George
  • Reply #11   by coinsarefun on 09 Jan, 2013 14:09
  • Reply #12   by coinsarefun on 11 Jan, 2013 01:41
  • Reply #13   by coinsarefun on 11 Jan, 2013 02:40

• Reply #14   by VDB Coins on 12 Jan, 2013 06:59
  • That Sacagawea dollar is amazing!

Best Regards,  [url=http://www.freesmileys.or

George
  • Reply #15   by coinsarefun on 19 Jan, 2013 12:28

• Reply #16   by Zantetsuken on 09 Feb, 2013 02:53
  • I don't have too many in the way of toned coins, but here's one I find rather nice. This is a silver Groschen from the BULGARIAN EMPIRE. The toning is subtle, but nice IMO.

BULGARIAN EMPIRE~AR Groschen 1331-1355 AD.
  • Reply #17   by coinsarefun on 09 Feb, 2013 11:43
  • Beautiful Groschen, very nice subtle toning.

• Reply #18   by VDB Coins on 22 Feb, 2013 07:56
  • I put this thread on the World and Ancient Coins, Conder tokens etc. forum but U.S. or anything else is also acceptable! I personally love coins with beautiful patina that is original IMHO. Having been a collector/dealer for more than 50 years now, I think I can tell the difference. At any rate ... Post your most beautifully toned coins!

This is one that is in the mail to me now as we speak ... but I think it is awesome! Here is the PCGS TrueView certificate ... I trust it will look pretty close to this, they usually do a pretty good job with those.

Enjoy!

Best Regards, 

I knew it would happen ... I took this piece to the Knoxville show and another World dealer just couldn't live without it ... I hated to part with it but I tell myself ... there will always be more coins to buy!
  • Reply #19   by VDB Coins on 22 Feb, 2013 08:01
  • This little baby is among my favorites ... a spectacularly toned Gem Newfoundland 1943-C five cent. The Newfoundland coins are really underrated in that they are superlow-mintage coins that are seldom found in high grade ... yet do not cost overmuch on those rare occasions when one is found. Sorry I don't have a good shot of the obverse but it is similar to the reverse.

Best Regards,

George

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?