My other hobby

Back
  • Reply #10   by Deagle74 on 24 Feb, 2010 04:06
  • WOW Regandon  ???   :P - one can see this is a professional photography. I especially love those long exposition waterfalls and birds of course. Exceptional sharpness and colors. It's obvious that you use very capable camera and lenses. What camera/gear areyou using?

I have just bought my first DSLR camera Canon 50D - and here are some of my bird-nature shots (with my standard (t. i. - the cheapest) lens  :-[ ) - far from your quality but still...

Hope that pics are not to big.

Regards, Rok

• Reply #11   by FilthyBroke on 24 Feb, 2010 06:14
  • Sorry if I've posted to many.

I wish you'd post more!  These are super, please post as many as you like.  I love nature pics, and yours are as good as any I've seen, maybe better.  Excellent post, thanks for sharing!
  • Reply #12   by regandon on 24 Feb, 2010 06:39
  • Deagle74, Some of these photos were shot back a few years back with a Nikon D70s and Nikon D2X, D2H and the Nikon D200. I now shoot Canon only, and I shoot with a Canon 5D and Mk-III. When I shoot Nikon, I used Nikon's 24-70mmVR, 70-200mm VR, Sigma 80-400mm and 300mm, and the Nikon 400mm and 600mm. With my Canon set-up, I use the Canon 400mm-L, and the 70-200mm-L, 24-105mm-L. If you look at the EXIF info. you see will which camera was used and at what date the photo was taken. You also do very nice photography.
  • Reply #13   by regandon on 24 Feb, 2010 06:43
  • Sorry if I've posted to many.

I wish you'd post more!  These are super, please post as many as you like.  I love nature pics, and yours are as good as any I've seen, maybe better.  Excellent post, thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I will post more later today.
  • Reply #14   by Scottishmoney on 24 Feb, 2010 09:27
  • I have my great great grandmother's Kodak Brownie that she bought in 1915, even have the receipt and quite a few of the photographs it took.  I am still amazed that a camera from almost a hundred years ago took such good photos.  It takes some kind of 60mm film that can be bought, but of course is not cheap, but sometime I want to take some pictures with it just to see what it can still do.

BTW all of you having posted photographs above, very nice, like especially the bird subjects - those are really fascinating and hard to shoot.
  • Reply #15   by cpm9ball on 24 Feb, 2010 15:42
  • My photographic skills are nowhere near as good as regandon's, but I thought I'd share this with you. This was taken in the Colorado National Monument near Grand Junction. Looking east, the Grand Valley is about a 1/2 mile below in the distance. This rock formation reminds me of a pioneer family.

Chris

• Reply #16   by cpm9ball on 24 Feb, 2010 15:46
  • This shot was taken in northwest Colorado near Dinosaur National Park. I liked the way the colors formed stark boundaries against one another.

Chris

• Reply #17   by regandon on 24 Feb, 2010 15:50
  • Very nice photos.
  • Reply #18   by regandon on 24 Feb, 2010 16:04
  • The photo of the duck with his leg held up, I titled it as follows: He should have eat the bread and left the beans alone.
  • Reply #19   by regandon on 24 Feb, 2010 16:21
  • Small birds I love to photograph. They are a lot harder to photograph than the larger ones.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page: