Post Your Perfect Coin Here

Back
  • Reply #10   by regandon on 31 Oct, 2010 17:49
  • I had a hard time picking the I posted or this one.
  • Reply #11   by Zantetsuken on 31 Oct, 2010 17:54

The hits just keep on coming. Another winner. I'm glad you posted this one too. Thanks for sharing.

~Daniel
  • Reply #12   by regandon on 31 Oct, 2010 17:57

The hits just keep on coming. Another winner. I'm glad you posted this one too. Thanks for sharing.

~Daniel

Its a 2 Taler piece and it fills my hand from side to side.
  • Reply #13   by Zantetsuken on 31 Oct, 2010 18:03

~Daniel

Its a 2 Taler piece and it fills my hand from side to side.

Wow that's huge. but I guess it's not surprising considering it's a high denomination coin. What's the size, about 80-85 mm?

~Daniel
  • Reply #14   by FilthyBroke on 13 Mar, 2011 19:50
  • Maybe it's just me, but I can find something wrong with just about anything. :)  "Perfect" is something to strive for but maybe never achieve.

This is my favorite, but it's by no means perfect.  I have never seen a better example, but I can still imagine how I'd improve upon this one.  Not the design, but the surfaces.  Still, it's as close as I think I've come so far.

• Reply #15   by regandon on 13 Mar, 2011 20:21
  • Do you know the story behind the design ?
  • Reply #16   by Zantetsuken on 13 Mar, 2011 20:28
  • Cool one 'regandon'. As you said perfection is something achieved and even then, it may never be aquired. Here's one I'm throwing into the ring. I don't know if it qualifies as perfect, I still think it's pleasant for the eyes.

CZECHOSLOVAKIA (REPUBLIC)~1 Dukat 1926
  • Reply #17   by regandon on 13 Mar, 2011 20:47
  • Cool one 'regandon'. As you said perfection is something achieved and even then, it may never be aquired. Here's one I'm throwing into the ring. I don't know if it qualifies as perfect, I still think it's pleasant for the eyes.

I wish it was mine, but its filthybrokes
  • Reply #18   by regandon on 13 Mar, 2011 20:49
  • I have always liked the design of that ducat.  :ThumbsUp;
  • Reply #19   by Zantetsuken on 13 Mar, 2011 20:52

I wish it was mine, but its filthybrokes

Oops! Bulleye, wrong bull.  :smack; Sorry. My salute goes to 'FilthyBroke'. Quite a beautiful specimen as always. The design is quite unique.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page: