Coins Are Fun Coin Design contest with a cash prize!!

Back
  • Reply #50   by Deagle74 on 22 Sep, 2010 14:00
  • I like it and its a contender Happy(*) Happy(*) it will be voted on
    but you need to remove the "One Dollar" and "United States of America"
    Put the date 2010 and you have a great submission ;)

I like the obverse alot - you can try with UNITED STATES OF COINSAREFUN // ONE GREAT FUN (instead of DOLLAR)

Keep trying  :ThumbsUp;
  • Reply #51   by FilthyBroke on 22 Sep, 2010 14:21

• How about a series of American landmarks?  Just a thought....

• Reply #52   by coinsarefun on 22 Sep, 2010 14:25
  • Does anyone want to try working with this one?

• Reply #53   by Rigos_Place on 22 Sep, 2010 16:50
  • Removed lettering and replaced date.

For Fun, Don't Sue Me....LOL

• Reply #54   by FilthyBroke on 22 Sep, 2010 17:12
  • I like how you did the lettering on the conder.  Was it difficult?
  • Reply #55   by Rigos_Place on 22 Sep, 2010 19:31

Very difficult. This was actually my first time trying anything like it so it took me a couple of hours, seriously! a couple of hours. Good thing I didn't have training today, no kids and no garden work  :D

I'll try to make a couple more tomorrow and play with GIMP to see what I come up with now. Maybe some of Stef's toners with weird lettering. I don't know, we'll see what my head thinks of making.

BTW, thanks and I'm glad you liked it.
  • Reply #56   by FilthyBroke on 22 Sep, 2010 19:59

Very difficult. This was actually my first time trying anything like it so it took me a couple of hours, seriously! a couple of hours. Good thing I didn't have training today, no kids and no garden work  :D

I'll try to make a couple more tomorrow and play with GIMP to see what I come up with now. Maybe some of Stef's toners with weird lettering. I don't know, we'll see what my head thinks of making.

I bet it took some time!  I'm going through the same ordeal, working with this editing software.  Pretty cool, though.  Looking forward to seeing more! :ThumbsUp;
  • Reply #57   by FilthyBroke on 22 Sep, 2010 20:04
  • Oh, and here's a special one (for me).  It's a design that I've looked for but haven't come across again since the first one I saw and missed out on.  I made this one just to show, really.  I just love the port scene, and of course the ship!

The obverse is basically intact and almost as minted, minus the lettering and a couple of adjustments for sizing.  The Reverse is just something I threw together to try to match the style.

• Reply #58   by LotsoLuck on 22 Sep, 2010 21:52
  • Some nice designs here  :3dancingsmiley; I really like the ship port scene Filthy Broke, I guess i'll put my pencil and paper down now  :Funny;
  • Reply #59   by Deagle74 on 23 Sep, 2010 01:18

Rigos - nice work - I use gimp myself - PLEEEEEEEASE would you be so nice and share what function did you use to make that lettering. Or did you crop and turn every letter separately as a new layer.

Thanx, Rok

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?