Coins Are Fun Coin Design contest with a cash prize!!

Back
  • Reply #70   by coinsarefun on 08 Oct, 2010 12:31
  • Everyones designs look great.
    There are only 10 more days left to submit your designs, remember the contest ends October 18th.
  • Reply #71   by LotsoLuck on 08 Oct, 2010 23:40
  • Wow there are some really creative people here! So far though...being a ship coin/token collector the masted ship theme really appeals to me, but thats just me  :)
  • Reply #72   by FilthyBroke on 10 Oct, 2010 16:18

• I wonder if there should be a seperate gallery for these entries, so we can view all entries and compare?  Lots of great ideas here, can't wait to see how this turns out. :)

Oh, and I actually sat down to draw (or sketch) a design this weekend, but wouldn't you know it, I got sidetracked by several football games. ;D  I may still get a little time to do another design, I really wanted to try to draw one rather than using the computer.  I haven't gotten a chance to get the sketch pad out in years.
  • Reply #73   by coinsarefun on 10 Oct, 2010 17:22

• I wonder if there should be a seperate gallery for these entries, so we can view all entries and compare?  Lots of great ideas here, can't wait to see how this turns out. :)

Oh, and I actually sat down to draw (or sketch) a design this weekend, but wouldn't you know it, I got sidetracked by several football games. ;D  I may still get a little time to do another design, I really wanted to try to draw one rather than using the computer.  I haven't gotten a chance to get the sketch pad out in years.

I thought that when the end of the contest comes to place them on a new thread with the name of the designer and number them
    so we can have a clear view of all the designs. Then we can vote.

btw, glad to see you back posting.......I thought you forgot about us or your football came first :( :LOL;
  • Reply #74   by FilthyBroke on 10 Oct, 2010 18:11
  • glad to see you back posting.......I thought you forgot about us or your football came first :( :LOL;

Oh, I'm a pro at multitasking.  I'm watching two games and posting as we speak! ;D
  • Reply #75   by coinsarefun on 10 Oct, 2010 18:21
  • glad to see you back posting.......I thought you forgot about us or your football came first :( :LOL;

Oh, I'm a pro at multitasking.  I'm watching two games and posting as we speak! ;D

Ahhhh a true master :D
  • Reply #76   by Conderluva on 10 Oct, 2010 19:12
  • Reply #77   by Larry on 11 Oct, 2010 16:54

• Here are a couple of ideas in draft form.  I guess they'll pass for brass, at least with an engraver.

I have some thoughts on the cartwheel version...

•  The medal should be struck in collar, if possible.

•  If not in collar, we'll have some really unique pieces.

•  Lettering on cartwheel version could be in a serif font.  : )

•  If we can get incuse lettering, I think the cartwheel version would be great;
    in fact, it would be a medal like nobody else has, except King George III.  LOL

I have some thoughts on the version with raised lettering and rims...

Lion and man are resizable so can be made smaller or larger.

•  I thought about making lion smaller and giving him a flagstaff with a COINSAREFUN pennant/battle flag.

•  Rims on this version could be squared off, like flat rims on some Conders.  They would not have to be perfect.

•  Raised lettering can be in a font convenient to the engraver; it's not critical which font at this point.
  • Reply #78   by Conderluva on 11 Oct, 2010 17:02
  • Love the cartwheel idea with incuse lettering.  That design would definitely make for a stunning medal, Larry!

Here are a couple of ideas in draft form.  I guess they'll pass for brass, at least with an engraver.

• Reply #79   by Larry on 12 Oct, 2010 06:07

• I'm glad you like the cartwheel design.  : )

This looks more like brass I think.  The RGB values are 227,216,103.  : )
    Also, I made the man a bit smaller to balance with size of the lion.

NOTE: I think these might sell like hotcakes, on ebay or elsewhere.  Plus, they would be great advertisements for the Coins Are Fun website.
    I've also considered a medal as thick as the two pence cartwheel.  Of course, it would be subject to rim bruising if dropped on any hard surface.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page: