Author Topic: World Premiere!  (Read 39537 times)

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: World Premiere!
« Reply #380 on: September 01, 2011, 10:05:57 AM »
Nothing new here in a while.....you guys are going to have to dazzle me with your own newps for a while. ;D

We're moving (again), and I've been selling a good deal of stuff to help with expenses.  We're hoping to be in the new house in a week or two, maybe after that things will calm back down a bit.
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #381 on: September 02, 2011, 11:09:22 AM »
Hey 'FilthyBroke', long time, no talk. You're right. This thread is getting a little chilly. Let me warm it up a bit with this new addition. This is a 50 Kuna proof piece from CROATIA (INDEPENDENT STATE) dated 1934. I have little information about this issue. It appears to have been an issue proposed by the Ustasha, a fascist party that ruled Croatia from 1941 to 1945 after Nazi Germany invaded Yugoslavia. The Ustasha was also responsible for the assassination of Yugoslavia's, King: Alexander I in October, 1934. Whether the date of the coin, is just a coincidence with Alexanders death, or something more, is uncertain. Some consider it a modern fantasy.
CROATIA (INDEPENDENT STATE)~50 Kuna *PROOF*1934
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:11:16 AM by Zantetsuken »

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #382 on: September 03, 2011, 03:56:49 PM »
Ah, I love anything WWII related!  (I guess that technically it's pre-war era, but still relevant.)  I seem to remember seeing that shield before, but I can't figure out where....

And wouldn't you know it, just as I'm in full non-purchasing mode, a really tough one turns up in a cgb email.  Of course, I had to jump on the opportunity, but I'm hoping they can get it here while I'm still at this address. :(  I'll post pics when it arrives.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 04:29:51 PM by FilthyBroke »

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #383 on: September 03, 2011, 06:39:35 PM »
Can't wait to see it 'FilthyBroke'. You probably have seen the shield pattern before. It appeared on the 2 Kune from 1941. The only addition, is the 'U' is placed on top of shield, which is the initial for Ushtasha. Sometimes the monogram an image a bomb or grenade in side the 'U', which kind says a lot about the parties bellicose stance. In any case, here's an example of the coin below. By the way, good luck with your moving yet again. It can't be easy for you or your family.
CROATIA (INDEPENDENT STATE)~2 Kune 1941
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 06:43:30 PM by Zantetsuken »

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #384 on: September 04, 2011, 01:10:13 PM »
I'd look up the grenade or bomb versions, they sound interesting. 

We're actually excited to be moving, as this time we'll be owning rather than renting.  Tons of work, planning, phone calls... but we're ready to get this done! :)

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #385 on: September 04, 2011, 01:24:02 PM »

We're actually excited to be moving, as this time we'll be owning rather than renting.  Tons of work, planning, phone calls... but we're ready to get this done! :)

Good luck on your move I hope its a relatively smooth transition.
I also hope you will be able to stay there for sometime to come!

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #386 on: September 04, 2011, 05:36:26 PM »

Actually, I don't think the bomb/grenade was included on the coin (not to my knowledge). The bomb/grenade was depicted sometimes inside the monogram, on top of the state arms, on other items. In either case, it is indeed interesting in that it's rare that explosives are depicted on an official coat of arms.

I'm happy for you that you're finally getting what you want, and are able to hopefully settle in. I wish you luck.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:38:12 PM by Zantetsuken »

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #387 on: September 05, 2011, 12:49:27 PM »
Thanks Daniel and Stefanie!   :)

And I can't wait for my newp to arrive, I've been looking for this particular design for about two years now! 

Hint - it's out of this world! ;D :D

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #388 on: September 15, 2011, 04:57:13 PM »
Well, we are now officially moved!  It took quite a while to get up and going again, internet and everything, but I'm back now. 

And during the move, my new purchase arrived!  I mentioned it would be "out of this world", what do you think? ;D

1648 Bourgogne, one of two infamous "UFO jetons", this is one I've wanted to find for over two years now.  You'd be surprised at just how uncommon some of the "common" jetons can be.

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #389 on: September 15, 2011, 06:53:20 PM »
Congratulations on your move and a very unusual Jeton :3dancingsmiley;