Author Topic: World Premiere!  (Read 39691 times)

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
World Premiere!
« Reply #160 on: November 30, 2010, 08:53:57 AM »
Here's my latest additions - 2 coins from Kelantan.

Although they are undated,they were put into circulation in August by the Kelantanese Government.

They are a 1 Dirham & a 2 Dirhams in .999 fine silver.

Have a read here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelantan , here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelantanese_dinar ,& http://www.dinarkel.com .

Please let me know what you think.

Aidan.

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: World Premiere!
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2010, 12:56:40 AM »
Here's one that I got in the mail Monday. This is a silver Helm Dinar from the KINGDOM OF SERBIA dating from 1331-1346 AD. Issued under the reign of King: Stefan Uros IV~Dusan. Dusan was the ruler who elevated Serbia to imperial status in 1346 AD when he was crowned tsar. However, his empire would be short lived, as the unity of the country quickly unraveled under his son Tsar: Stefan Uros V, often called 'The Feeble' because of his weak leadership. The coin presented, shows Dusan's crested helm with his name and title in Latin legend 'STEFANVS DEI GR REX / STEFAN BY THE GRACE OF GOD KING'. The reverse shows Christ enthroned in glory with the Roman initials 'IC / XC'.

SERBIA (1st KINGDOM)~AR Helm Dinar 1331-1346 AD

~Daniel
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 01:05:12 AM by Zantetsuken »

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2010, 01:00:29 AM »
Nice coins Aidan. The images are kind of grainy, but the designs still come through well. I'm not familiar with the area these coins originate from. I love the patterns and the stylized Arabic script. Thanks for posting these.

~Daniel

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
World Premiere!
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2010, 01:25:21 AM »
Nice coins Aidan. The images are kind of grainy, but the designs still come through well. I'm not familiar with the area these coins originate from. I love the patterns and the stylized Arabic script. Thanks for posting these.

~Daniel

Daniel,
  All of my photos are taken using my Canon CanoScan LiDE 25 flat-bed scanner.

They are edited using Photostudio 6 & this FREE photo editor; http://www.photoscape.org .It is hard to get photos that don't look grainy,especially for .999 fine silver coins.

Kelantan is one of the states of Malaysia.It is the top-most state in Malaya,as Thailand is on its northern border.Kedah is another Malaysian state that has also had its own coins in recent years.

I am so looking forward to both Perak's & Selangor's coin issues coming out in the next year.They will also be both Dinars & Dirhams as well.

We have the Sultans & governments of these states to thank,as well as Professor Umar Vadillo.

Aidan.

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2010, 08:19:35 AM »
Daniel,
  All of my photos are taken using my Canon CanoScan LiDE 25 flat-bed scanner.

They are edited using Photostudio 6 & this FREE photo editor; http://www.photoscape.org .It is hard to get photos that don't look grainy,especially for .999 fine silver coins.

Kelantan is one of the states of Malaysia.It is the top-most state in Malaya,as Thailand is on its northern border.Kedah is another Malaysian state that has also had its own coins in recent years.

I am so looking forward to both Perak's & Selangor's coin issues coming out in the next year.They will also be both Dinars & Dirhams as well.

We have the Sultans & governments of these states to thank,as well as Professor Umar Vadillo.

Aidan.

I have a CanoScan LiDe 70 scanner. I used to use the scanner to do imaging of my coins, but I never liked the results. The coin images were fuzzy, and the colors washed out. Now I use a digital camera for my coins, and the scanner for my paper money. The scanner works way better with paper money the images with depth like coins and other objects. Thanks for the info.

~Daniel
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 10:21:22 AM by Zantetsuken »

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2010, 12:27:13 AM »
Here's one that just arrived in the mail. This is a silver Short-Cross Penny from ENGLAND dating from 1016-1035 AD. Anglo-Saxon coinage issued under the reign of Viking King: Cnut~The Great.  Born in Denmark, Cnut (also called Canute) would come to reign over Denmark, Norway, England, and southern Sweden. Considered one of the greatest leaders in medieval Europe due to his political and military skills.

ENGLAND~AR Short-Cross Penny 1016-1035 AD
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:47:49 AM by Zantetsuken »

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2010, 06:32:48 AM »
Small world, eh? :)  I didn't realize that you were the buyer until I saw your signature on the note this morning and then your post here. I'm glad to know that it went to a great home.

A very interesting point in England's history, no doubt.  I've always been interested in the stabilization and  rise of England as a world power, and the birth of the magna carta (which came under John's rule I think), seems to read a little like the birth of our own nation.  Great stuff!  :ThumbsUp;
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2010, 04:40:43 PM »
Small world, eh? :)  I didn't realize that you were the buyer until I saw your signature on the note this morning and then your post here. I'm glad to know that it went to a great home.

A very interesting point in England's history, no doubt.  I've always been interested in the stabilization and  rise of England as a world power, and the birth of the magna carta (which came under John's rule I think), seems to read a little like the birth of our own nation.  Great stuff!  :ThumbsUp;

Small world indeed. I had no idea you were the seller. It's a great coin. I've been looking for one of these for awhile. The pattern is interesting, and I'm impressed by how well cropped the edges are for coins of this era. Most of them look like someone took a meat cleaver to them. I'm thinking of making a slab for it in the future. In any case, thanks and I hope we can do business again in the future.

~Daniel
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 04:41:32 PM by Zantetsuken »

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2010, 06:21:27 PM »
There are some rough looking ones out there, with that metal detector-find look to many of them.  I see many of the Cnut and Aethelred II issues with peck marks, too.   

I had that one in a coin world slab until I decided to sell it.  I could look for the holder and send it to you if you want, I just need the diameter of the coin.  I purchased about 40-50 of the coin world holders and have a mixed bag of extras now.  In fact, if you need a few I'd be glad to send you some of my extras.  Let me know. 
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
World Premiere!
« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2010, 05:34:45 AM »
Here's one that just arrived in the mail. This is a silver Short-Cross Penny from ENGLAND dating from 1016-1035 AD. Anglo-Saxon coinage issued under the reign of Viking King: Cnut~The Great.  Born in Denmark, Cnut (also called Canute) would come to reign over Denmark, Norway, England, and southern Sweden. Considered one of the greatest leaders in medieval Europe due to his political and military skills.

ENGLAND~AR Short-Cross Penny 1016-1035 AD

Daniel,
   That is one very nice coin that you have got there.

I have found the English coins from reigns prior to King Edward I to be pretty elusive so far.

Aidan.