Author Topic: World Premiere!  (Read 39626 times)

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: World Premiere!
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2010, 05:47:03 AM »
Here's one I received in the mail yesterday. This is 1 Ruble from the RUSSIAN EMPIRE dated 1762. Issued under the reign of Tsaritsa: Ekaterina Romanov II~The Great. Minted in Saint Petersburg.

RUSSIAN EMPIRE~1 Ruble 1762

I really like this one.  I was just looking at the gold version of this in that Bonham's auction, thinking what a cool design it was.  :ThumbsUp;
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2010, 06:42:51 AM »
Here's one I received in the mail yesterday. This is 1 Ruble from the RUSSIAN EMPIRE dated 1762. Issued under the reign of Tsaritsa: Ekaterina Romanov II~The Great. Minted in Saint Petersburg.

RUSSIAN EMPIRE~1 Ruble 1762

I really like this one.  I was just looking at the gold version of this in that Bonham's auction, thinking what a cool design it was.  :ThumbsUp;

Thanks 'FilthyBroke', I'm glad you like it. I would have loved to see the gold Ruble that you mentioned. I bet that fetched a hefty price. The imperial Russian coins always have interesting patterns, and I try to aquire them whenever possible.

~Daniel
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 06:44:19 AM by Zantetsuken »

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2010, 12:17:41 PM »
Daniel, here's an overview of that auction -

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/WService=wslive_pub/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=USA&screen=catalogue&iSaleNo=18404&iSaleLotNo=1010

I have the auction catalog,  it turned out to be an interesting display of Russian gold from that era.  I don't think I've seen most of those designs before.

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
World Premiere!
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2010, 01:50:31 PM »
I used to have quite a few Czarist Russian silver coins in my collection.Among them were the silver 5 & 20 Kopecks of Czarina Catherine II,& the 1913 Romanov Dynasty Tercentenary commemorative 1 Rouble.

All of the other Czarist Russian commemorative 1 Rouble coins eluded me.

I eventually offloaded them when I sold my non-British Commonwealth coins back in 2006 to get some cash to buy my computer.

Aidan.

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »
Daniel, here's an overview of that auction -

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/WService=wslive_pub/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=USA&screen=catalogue&iSaleNo=18404&iSaleLotNo=1010

I have the auction catalog,  it turned out to be an interesting display of Russian gold from that era.  I don't think I've seen most of those designs before.

Thanks for the link 'FilthyBroke'. They are sweet looking coins, and as I figured, most of them went for four figures and up. Too rich for my blood, but one can dream, right? ;D

~Daniel

Offline Billy Kingsley

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • My Fotki- almost 90 thousand photos!
« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2010, 07:52:48 PM »
Here's my latest...rare for me of late to add something. This was an early Christmas present from my Mom.

Malta 1998 1 cent, featuring the common weasel.  :signcool;

Nice gift you received. Thanks for sharing it with us. Happy holidays.

~Daniel

Thanks Daniel! I was really surprised but happy to have recieved it :)  I like the Russian issue you just posted after mine, too.

Aiden, I really like the design of that Singapore Rat coin. I may be weird, but I like rodents in pretty much any form...as long as they aren't in my house, anyway!
Billy Kingsley Member: ANA, SPMC
http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/
Collector of all coins, currency, whatever I like!

Offline BCNumismatics

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
World Premiere!
« Reply #186 on: December 26, 2010, 11:33:43 PM »
Billy,
  That's a very nice Maltese 1 Cent coin that you have got there.

I have found a lot of the Maltese coins pretty tough to find,& as for Maltese banknotes,even more so.

Aidan.

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2010, 12:24:45 PM »
Finally getting back to purchasing.  Here's a quick pic of my newest, a silver French jeton for the Melusine maritime insurance company, dating 1832.  This design has been a hard find, so I had to jump on this one when the opportunity arose. :)

Note the textured reverse fields, I don't recall seeing this technique used before--

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2010, 01:57:52 PM »
Finally getting back to purchasing.  Here's a quick pic of my newest, a silver French jeton for the Melusine maritime insurance company, dating 1832.  This design has been a hard find, so I had to jump on this one when the opportunity arose. :)

Note the textured reverse fields, I don't recall seeing this technique used before--

What better way to get back to purchasing than with a beauty like this. Awesome piece 'FilthyBroke'.  I love the mermaid pattern on the obverse, and the tall-ship navigating the rough surf. I know exactly what you mean when jumping at opportunities. I've had rare coins that I've bid on before, and occasionally, fate throws me a bone. I'm happy your efforts payed off for you.  Thanks for sharing.

~Daniel

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #189 on: December 27, 2010, 02:18:39 PM »
Amazing detail.  :smiley-cool11:

regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS