Author Topic: World Premiere!  (Read 39669 times)

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
Re: World Premiere!
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2011, 09:55:23 PM »
 I missed the mail man today, so I need to go the post office in the A.M. to pick it up a new prized piece. It is a very low mintage 1/2Taler from Hall Germany. It has a mintage of 700 pieces. The photo posted is not mine. I will post a better pic when pick it up from the post office. Hall never minted 1/2Talers or Talers in large numbers. From what mintage records I've been able to look at. It seems the highest mintage was in 1746 with 800 Talers being minted. The best part, is that I got it for XF price. The second coin is an Austrian Taler. What makes this one Taler special to my collection, is that it is an overdate that I've not seen many of.
regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #241 on: March 04, 2011, 12:15:05 AM »
Regandon is that a Leopold  the Hogmouth Taler?
I like it :)

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #242 on: March 04, 2011, 05:40:08 AM »
Regandon is that a Leopold  the Hogmouth Taler?
I like it :)

Yes it is, the one and only Leopold the Hogmouth.
regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2011, 06:40:21 AM »

Yeah, there's no mistaking the Leopold. :D   That 1746 looks like it'll have a bit of color around the rim, looking forward to seeing your pis of it, Don.

Btw, I missed my mailman yesterday, too.  Of course I made that trip to the post office just as soon as I thought the package would be available.   I got lucky and they had my package, but the sad thing about was that when I opened it, one of the two medals was not what I ordered, and now I'm going to have to do a return (to France).  I have a very select interest in coin design, and the one they sent was a portrait of Napoleon with a laurel reverse and some engraving.  Overall it was a decent medal, just not my thing.  I'm hoping that it won't take three weeks to get this straightened out.
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2011, 01:18:57 PM »

** A word of warning - I just had to pay $29.25 for return shipping to France. :(  It went out Priority, no insurance or signature or any of that good stuff.   What a rip!  The p.o. website lists shipping at under $15, so you can imagine my surprise when she filled me in on the actual cost from our local office.

I'm thinking now that I should've just kept the medal they sent me. 

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2011, 02:33:11 PM »

** A word of warning - I just had to pay $29.25 for return shipping to France. :(  It went out Priority, no insurance or signature or any of that good stuff.   What a rip!  The p.o. website lists shipping at under $15, so you can imagine my surprise when she filled me in on the actual cost from our local office.

I'm thinking now that I should've just kept the medal they sent me.

When I read your post above I had a bad feeling. That stinks filthybroke!
Is there any way to email them and say your not happy?

btw.....are they on our list of dealers and link page?
http://www.coinsarefun.com/importantlinksanddealers.html

If they are we should post a warning......that's just not fair :(

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2011, 02:52:27 PM »
Hi Stefanie!  The dealer emailed me and said they'd be happy to exchange or return, and refund my original shipping (10 euros).  My real beef is with the post office that charged me so much that I wish I had just kept the one that the seller sent me, even if it wasn't one that fits my collecting theme. 

The seller messed up, but are doing a great job to try to remedy the situation.  Just wanted to clarify that, as sometimes my posts could probably be worded a little clearer. :)

Added-- Oh, and no, they're not on your dealer list. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:54:26 PM by FilthyBroke »

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2011, 02:55:38 PM »
Ahhh, the good old post office and their outrageous fees. Too bad the seller can't refund some to offset the extra fee for delivery

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #248 on: March 04, 2011, 03:04:11 PM »
Yeah, that would be nice.  I'm really just glad they are communicating with me and eager to resolve the issue.  I've come across one or two who haven't even got a grasp on communicating across language barriers.  We'll wait and see how it turns out.  The medal that I actually ordered was a really nice match to the Versaille medal that I posted the other day.  I hope they still have it, and didn't send it to someone else who doesn't feel like returning it. ;)

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #249 on: March 04, 2011, 03:15:48 PM »
I'm glad that they are working with you...:-)