Author Topic: Rare 1913 Bavarian Proof 2 Mark Pattern  (Read 1783 times)

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
Rare 1913 Bavarian Proof 2 Mark Pattern
« on: October 03, 2009, 10:24:13 PM »
Just got this one

regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Re: Rare 1913 Bavarian Proof 2 Mark Pattern
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 08:18:16 AM »
Beautiful, I love the eagle design on the reverse :)
And, it has great color!

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »
I'm glad you brought up the rev design. Over on another forum that I post on, this coin is bringing quite some negitive comments. While I think the Eagle that was used on German coinage during the time period is much nicer. I still like the rev. design on this Pattern. Which brings me to say this. What I like about this forum, is that, no one here makes a collector feel like a fool for posting or buying a coin that others do not like. I collect coins for the history they tell of the time period they represent. I do understand that Goetz had some werid designs on his medals and coins. But his designs reflected his out look at the time.

There seems to be more historical minded collectors here on this forum. I'm glad I joined this forum.
regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 11:00:10 AM »
I'm glad you brought up the rev design. Over on another forum that I post on, this coin is bringing quite some negitive comments. While I think the Eagle that was used on German coinage during the time period is much nicer. I still like the rev. design on this Pattern. Which brings me to say this. What I like about this forum, is that, no one here makes a collector feel like a fool for posting or buying a coin that others do not like. I collect coins for the history they tell of the time period they represent. I do understand that Goetz had some werid designs on his medals and coins. But his designs reflected his out look at the time.

There seems to be more historical minded collectors here on this forum. I'm glad I joined this forum.

Well I guess we can comfortably say that we have a finer taste in coins here.........as in we prefer a fine wine and they guzzle beer :D

All kidding aside I have seen this reverse eagle design and have never heard a negative comment about it. I guess the other forum was having a bad day ;)

Stefanie