Author Topic: George Selgin - 1hr video lecture on rise and fall of 'Conder tokens.'  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Conderluva

• Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
I know George Selgin's book, Good Money: Birmingham Button Makers, the Royal Mint, and the Beginnings of Modern Coinage, 1775-1821 has been mentioned a few times on this board.   Probably more than a few members have a copy.  Maybe some of you have even seen this before too.  Anyway, I just stumbled upon this and wanted to share.  Grab a snack and a glass of something and get comfortable. This video is a gem.... a must see for all the Conder fanatics out there but also really interesting for those with any general interest in numismatics, the industrial revolution, economics, etc.  If you haven't read the book yet, this is the perfect intro.  If you have, then this is an neat supplement.  Educational and the guy is an entertaining speaker to boot!  Enjoy!

The Private Supply of Money | George A. Selgin

The Private Supply of Money | George A. Selgin
The 2009 F. A. Hayek Memorial Lecture, presented by George A. Selgin. Recorded at the annual Austrian Scholars Conference, Ludwig von Mises Institute, 14 March 2009. Includes an Introduction by Joseph T. Salerno.

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Re: George Selgin - 1hr video lecture on rise and fall of 'Conder tokens.'
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 05:25:35 PM »
Now this is going to be very  :signcool;
Tonight I get to sit down with a cup off coffee in the backyard and watch this on my Ipad Happy(*)
I can't wait..............Thanks in advance ;)

Offline Larry

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 07:56:29 AM »
I watched it , Mike.  It's great.  : )

Thanks.  : )
I have collected U.S coins for many years, and then Civil War Tokens, but am now actively building a collection of Conder Tokens,
the coins that made the Industrial Revolution a whopping success. : )

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 03:32:21 PM »
That was great, thanks for posting it :ThumbsUp;