One for the Good guy's!!!! "Police charge man in coin alteration Scam"

Back
  • One for the Good guy's!!!! "Police charge man in coin alteration Scam"   by coinsarefun on 02 Nov, 2009 11:50
  • Great news........Finally got a bad guy :1Applause;

I was reading Coin World online and saw this great article.

• Reply #1   by FilthyBroke on 02 Nov, 2009 12:34
  • Amazing!  I guess I'll never understand the criminal mind.  I would have suspected that at some point it'd be cracked out for upgrade, and then you'd surely be busted! The chances of getting away with a trick like this would have to be VERY slim.

Wow....
  • Reply #2   by coinsarefun on 02 Nov, 2009 12:41
  • Its great to see someone finally getting his just deserts :)

And, now it makes me wonder exactly how many of these are out there and
    how many more are in the midst of doing this >:(
  • Reply #3   by Zantetsuken on 02 Nov, 2009 18:10
  • Amazing!  I guess I'll never understand the criminal mind.  I would have suspected that at some point it'd be cracked out for upgrade, and then you'd surely be busted! The chances of getting away with a trick like this would have to be VERY slim.

Wow....

They probably have, like most criminals do, the 'catch me if your can' attitude. And sure enough this guy did.  As Stefanie said, who knows how many other fakes and alterations are out there that we don't know about. Disturbing.
  • Reply #4   by walmann on 02 Nov, 2009 22:45
  • It's not a priority for law enforcement, up to the collectors not only to educate themselves but be as proactive as possible in aggressively reporting blatant fraud when encountered. 

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page:
You're not logged in

Navigation