What would you want for Christmas? (numismatically speaking)

Back
  • What would you want for Christmas? (numismatically speaking)   by FilthyBroke on 03 Dec, 2009 13:38
  • With Christmas approaching, the question must be raised  -  What do you want for Christmas?  A specific coin, literature, or something else related to the hobby? 

As a limiting factor (for those who are already seeing visions of Pan-Pac octagonals or Humbert gold), let's try to limit your suggestions to under $500.  Fair enough? 

Let's see what we can come up with. ;D

**Disclaimer**  This is all done in fun, don't get your hopes up otherwise. ;)
  • Reply #1   by regandon on 03 Dec, 2009 18:17
  • I would like to get a few more of these Thalers.
  • Reply #2   by coinsarefun on 03 Dec, 2009 19:30
  • She sure is purddy ;D

• Reply #3   by FilthyBroke on 03 Dec, 2009 20:30

Why doesn't that surprise me? ;)  That one is a beauty!

I was posed with this question earlier, and was at a loss for what to pursue.  I think I've come up with a real winner though, as I was browsing V-Coins.  It'll have to be a surprise, and I doubt I'll even get to see it before Christmas.  I'll just say this  - It's NOT a jeton this time, it's much closer to your area of specialty, Regandon. ;D
  • Reply #4   by coinsarefun on 03 Dec, 2009 20:38

• [/quote]

I was posed with this question earlier, and was at a loss for what to pursue.  I think I've come up with a real winner though, as I was browsing V-Coins.  It'll have to be a surprise, and I doubt I'll even get to see it before Christmas.  I'll just say this  - It's NOT a jeton this time, it's much closer to your area of specialty, Regandon. ;D
    [/quote]

Ohhhhh, V Coins can be dangerous ;D
    In a good way :Funny;
  • Reply #5   by FilthyBroke on 03 Dec, 2009 20:49

• Ohhhhh, V Coins can be dangerous ;D
    In a good way :Funny;

I very much agree with this statement! :D
  • Reply #6   by regandon on 03 Dec, 2009 21:08

Why doesn't that surprise me? ;)  That one is a beauty!

Can we have a hint ? ....please
  • Reply #7   by FilthyBroke on 04 Dec, 2009 11:50
  • Can we have a hint ? ....please

I've said too much already.

;)

I had been looking for an affordable (yet nice) hammered gold coin for a while....not much luck there.  I searched hundreds of medals on MA-Shops...nothing much struck me as of yet.  The talers seem interesting, yet out of reach for the ones that caught my attention.  I finally stumbled across something interesting on V-Coins, twice the price that I'd have preferred to pay, but you all know how that goes. :) I placed my order, and I've been notified (by Santa) that I won't be seeing it until Christmas, but I can live with that. 

Ok, a small hint  -  Hamburg.  I guess that's a big hint, but ok. ;D

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page:
You're not logged in