For Walmann

Back
  • For Walmann   by regandon on 06 Oct, 2009 17:38
  • There is a major variety for the 1911 Wurttemberg 3 Mark. It is known as the High Bar H. To tell the difference between the Low Bar H (which is the common one) and the High Bar H (which only 7,000 are known to have been minted). Look at the H in Charlotte. If the coin has the High Bar H, the the cross bar in the H will be higher above the cross bar in the A. If its a Low Bar H, than the cross bar in the H will be in line with the cross bar in the A. The toned coin is the High Bar in the pics. I will post better pics if needed.
  • Reply #1   by regandon on 06 Oct, 2009 17:44
  • You will also notice that the lettering looks different between the two coins. I believe the one I have to be another variety. Here is a another photo of a High Bar H. It is not mine though.
  • Reply #2   by walmann on 06 Oct, 2009 22:34
  • Thanks for the examples. From what I can see, the coin is not in hand yet, the one I purchased may be the high bar. At least it appears somewhat higher than the cross bar of the A.

• Reply #3   by regandon on 07 Oct, 2009 06:21
  • Nice coin Walmann.  8)
    You have a Low Bar H and a very nice one at that. Check out every 1911 Wurttemberg you see though, you just may find one.
  • Reply #4   by Larry on 07 Oct, 2009 13:35
  • I can see the difference plainly and can state it in easy terms,
    though they are not perhaps precise.

• Low Bar H has crossbar dividing distance from top of letter to bottom in half.

•  High Bar H has crossbar almost 2/3 of the way to the top of the letter.

All are very nice coins; zingers.
  • Reply #5   by regandon on 07 Oct, 2009 14:53
  • Yes Larry, you did a great job of explaining it. I should of explained it in easier terms, but you did it much better.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page:
You're not logged in

Navigation