Something new has happened to the CU Forums and Price Guide

Back
  • Something new has happened to the CU Forums and Price Guide   by bear on 24 Jan, 2010 18:33
  • Apparently, if you are not a member, you can not access anything on the CU Website.
    Most interesting indeed.
  • Reply #1   by coinsarefun on 24 Jan, 2010 18:41
  • I thought that you always had to be a member to access there price guide :HMMMMM;
  • Reply #2   by bear on 24 Jan, 2010 18:49
  • No, you had to be a member only if you wanted to be able to reply to a thread and to sent PMs.
    Some functions were recently restricted to a 995 dollar a month fee, but the forums were still
    basically open to everyone. This seems to be another Don Willis special. No doubt, one will not
    only have to be a Forum member, but also pay for a platinum membership to get access. Another
    fund raising idea from the suits. Not a bad idea, but if true, it will make it difficult to reach the CU
    membership unless one is a paying member. I guess the suits need more money and they are afraid
    of losing part of their 30,000 base. Time will tell if this is a beneficial move or if it just a pklain old
    stupid move. I guess it is a little like charging for bathroom privileges on an airplane flight.
  • Reply #3   by coinsarefun on 24 Jan, 2010 18:54
  • When did this happen?

My membership expired in Sept.2009 and up until a few weeks ago I was able to access the price guide and now I can't........I guess they were slow in catching up to me :)

As far as PM'ing I just pm'd back and forth with a member last night and had no problems.

Has someone told you this?
  • Reply #4   by bear on 24 Jan, 2010 18:56
  • This change has just talen effect within the past hour as I could access this morning.
  • Reply #5   by coinsarefun on 24 Jan, 2010 18:57
  • I just replied in the copper thread and had no issue.......maybe I'm next :HMMMMM;
  • Reply #6   by coinsarefun on 24 Jan, 2010 19:00
  • Were you able to sign in?
    And if so some functions were not available to you?
  • Reply #7   by FilthyBroke on 24 Jan, 2010 19:00
  • I heard that they're charging a fee for pop reports, too.  First CoinFacts, now pop reports, and the threat of charging for the forum....what does this say to us? :HMMMMM;
  • Reply #8   by bear on 24 Jan, 2010 19:01
  • Stephanie, are you just a Forum member or are you a dues paying CU Member?
  • Reply #9   by coinsarefun on 24 Jan, 2010 19:01
  • I heard that they're charging a fee for pop reports, too.  First CoinFacts, now pop reports, and the threat of charging for the forum....what does this say to us? :HMMMMM;

Yes, it is true just about the only free things on CU is your own registry and the forum

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page: