Author Topic: My other hobby  (Read 18074 times)

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: My other hobby
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 11:09:13 PM »
WOW, that must have been a lot of work.  (hail))

You're not kidding. It took several hours, split up over the course of a week. The trick was using the eye-dropper to select the shading from different sections of the photo in order to repair the damaged areas. Since the photo was gray-scale, it made it a little easier to work. Next I had to choose either air-brush, pencil or paint brush. The wider areas I used air-brush to cover the area quicker. For narrow areas, I used pencil or brush to touch up the area without making a mess. It was trial and error. Finally, you see the end result. It was time consuming, but rewarding. In any case, I'm glad you liked it. Thanks

~Daniel
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:13:22 PM by Zantetsuken »

Offline Billy Kingsley

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • My Fotki- almost 90 thousand photos!
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 05:49:55 PM »
Love the Nature photography. I wish I could afford a DSLR...

Here is some of mine...

I took this before the sun was up with no flash, so it's a little blurry...

Cape Cod

For a while I had the date stamp on my pictures....but after it interefered with a few good shots, it was gone, now only turned on for special occasions....like proving the earliest snow in memory for example!

Niagara Falls

The waterfall that gives my hometown it's name

Automotive Photography is kind of my thing...I've taken something like 25,000 photos in this field since 2003...

Believe it or not, but this was taken out my bathroom window, just last month!

I have saved my favorite for last...Lake George, NY...I love it there!

I took this photo this past September, and it's been rotating as my mom's wall-paper since then, and she also uses it as her profile picture on one of her Facebook accounts!

I have thousands upon thousands more here- I cleared 100,000 photos on my website last month!
http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/
Billy Kingsley Member: ANA, SPMC
http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/
Collector of all coins, currency, whatever I like!

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 06:09:11 PM »
This is not actually my photo, but rather one I restored. This is a photo of my mother (the woman on the right) when she was a receptionist at the Chrysler Building in New York City during World War II. As you can see time was less than kind to the original photo, so I scanned it to my hard drive, then used Photo Shop to air-brush the damaged areas. Considering this my first attempt at photo restoration, this came out pretty good. Hope you like it. I'll try to post some photos of my own, once I find ones that I like.

(ORIGINAL)

(RESTORED)

Great job, Z!

Chris
The person who can laugh at himself always laughs last.

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 06:14:21 PM »
Thanks Chris. Considering this was my first attempt at photo restoration, the results were surprisingly good. Photoshop is probably one of the greatest inventions for computers. Before this, photos that were damaged or defaced were probably a lost cause. I'm glad I was able to salvage this one.

~Daniel

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 06:15:54 PM »
Automotive Photography is kind of my thing...I've taken something like 25,000 photos in this field since 2003...

Amazing, and there is still some grass left!

You wouldn't happen to have any photos of a 1966 GTO Tri-Power, would you? Preferably in burgundy.

Chris
The person who can laugh at himself always laughs last.

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2010, 07:27:42 PM »

I love the squirrel pic, Billy! 

You guys make me want to dig through my archives and find some of my pictures, but that could be a daunting task.
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline regandon

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »
Nice pics Billy ! Has that car ever been at ESTA raceway ?
regandon
ANA member #R-3128774

Knights Templer
IN . HOC . SIGNO . VINGS

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »
I agree with everyone else Billy. These are nice photos. The squirrel is cute and that car is sweet. Thanks for sharing.  :ThumbsUp;

~Daniel
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 08:30:22 PM by Zantetsuken »

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2010, 09:36:15 PM »
Here's a photo of mine that I took over 20 years ago. I took this at a horse ranch near Valley Forge in Pennsylvania. It was a funny story, I was taking photos for college project, and noticed these horses grazing on a ranch. I go up to the fence and try to take a photo of the horse feeding. All of a sudden, it notices me, and starts to walk toward me. When it gets only a few paces from me, it stops and stares at me. I quickly aim, focus and shoot. I took two or three shots and the horse doesn't move and inch. When another couple noticed this, they try to take a photo too. The horse looks at them, then turns and walks away. Anyway, I hope you like the photo.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 09:37:54 PM by Zantetsuken »

Offline Larry

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Swan in Flight, Kensington Metropark, Milford, Michigan
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 10:36:31 AM »
Wow, this thread is really fun to look at.  I think everybody has done a terrific job.

Here's an image taken by my friend Mike who lives near Detroit.  It was taken yesterday and I did a bit of editing this morning.
The editing took only about 15 minutes, much less than a lot of images I've edited. 

Mike is a coin collector, too.  We became friends through our mutual enjoyment of numismatography.

I have collected U.S coins for many years, and then Civil War Tokens, but am now actively building a collection of Conder Tokens,
the coins that made the Industrial Revolution a whopping success. : )