Author Topic: OH, If somebody new would only post something, anything at all  (Read 1511 times)

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Then I could give my poor paws a rest. Happy(*)

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Re: OH, If somebody new would only post something, anything at all
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 12:19:08 PM »
That would be nice. We have quite  a few members here and they are always lurking but never post,
perhaps they are afraid of the Don :HMMMMM;

Too bad they don't because they are all very knowledgeable :(

Offline Sonorandesertrat

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »
When I returned to coin collecting in early 2007 (after a 25-year hiatus, prompted by bad interactions with several well-known dealers--aka I done got ripped off), I started assembling a working numismatic literature collection.  On average, I have added ca. 1 item per week to this collection.  It is threatening to get out of hand, as I am now thinking more about additions to this collection that to my coin collection.  :0
My latest addition:  The Adolphe Menjou Catalogue (1950, Numismatic Gallery)  Ex:  John Ford, Wayte Raymond, signed by Abe Kosoff and Abner Kreisberg.  Lots of cool coins (but no early coppers).  Menjou was a well-known character actor who bridged the silent film-talkie eras in Hollywood, and specialized in playing upper-class rakes.  He sported a fastidiously waxed mustache, and was always nattily dressed (he even was known to wear spats on occasion). He had a nice coin collection, but the bulk of the coins featured in this sale were not his.  Most of the coins that appeared in this catalog belonged to Cincinnati insurance executive Charles M. Williams.  The same kind of publicity stunt was pulled by Superior in the 1987 sale of the 'Buddy Ebsen Collection.'

OK Bear, back to typing! [url=http://www.freesmileys.or
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:56:21 PM by Sonorandesertrat »

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 03:47:18 PM »
Well, thank you for the respite. Happy(*) Happy(*)