PCGS SAYS THAT THEY WILL BE MAKING AN ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE MARCH F.U.N. SHOW

Back
  • PCGS SAYS THAT THEY WILL BE MAKING AN ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE MARCH F.U.N. SHOW   by bear on 06 Feb, 2010 03:24
  • We are told that is is completely from out of left field. I bet that they are going to require that graders
    actually look at a coin, before they give the coin a grade. :))
  • Reply #1   by FilthyBroke on 06 Feb, 2010 05:54
  • We are told that is is completely from out of left field. I bet that they are going to require that graders

:D

I would bet that it isn't good news in any event.  Please let us know what it is when you hear.
  • Reply #2   by Billy Kingsley on 11 Feb, 2010 05:00
  • I don't have any clue what it is, but I am sure trying to win that $1000 David Hall has offered :)
  • Reply #3   by Scottishmoney on 11 Feb, 2010 05:32
  • Don Willis has been proclaimed  (hail))"Dear Leader" for life
  • Reply #4   by FilthyBroke on 11 Feb, 2010 06:02
  • Not only from left field, bear, but supposedly will be as ground-breaking as their initial entry into the coin market in the eighties. 

.....we'll see.  I'm not holding out much hope for that. 
  • Reply #5   by walmann on 11 Feb, 2010 10:01
  • Not only from left field, bear, but supposedly will be as ground-breaking as their initial entry into the coin market in the eighties. 

.....we'll see.  I'm not holding out much hope for that.

Well if the 80's was a move towards third party graders versus the sole opinion of the sellers, perhaps they are now moving towards select a grade submitting.

As the submitter you choose the grade, and of course the grading fee is in relation to the grade. Perhaps its their way of reducing the number of 70's being graded.  ;)
  • Reply #6   by Scottishmoney on 11 Feb, 2010 10:53
  • Frankly it will not affect me one way or another.  No skin of my carcass.  I don't give a rats about someone else's opinion of a coin.  Frankly it is only my opinion that matters to me.  I am a collector, not an investor.  I buy to keep.  I play for keeps.  All others can just...

Slabs

• Reply #7   by cpm9ball on 11 Feb, 2010 11:08

Maybe you should check the facts from your source. FUN doesn't have a show in March. The "Summer FUN" is scheduled in Palm Beach County in July.

Chris
  • Reply #8   by FilthyBroke on 11 Feb, 2010 13:59

Maybe you should check the facts from your source. FUN doesn't have a show in March. The "Summer FUN" is scheduled in Palm Beach County in July.

Chris

I think maybe he meant the Mid-Winter ANA in Ft. Worth.
  • Reply #9   by Scottishmoney on 11 Feb, 2010 16:38
  • Maybe he means summer in the southern hemisphere, ie Oztrailia.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page: