1893 COLUMBUS EXPOSITION COMMEMORATIVE HALF DOLLAR HELP!!!

Back
  • 1893 COLUMBUS EXPOSITION COMMEMORATIVE HALF DOLLAR HELP!!!   by acan451 on 02 Aug, 2012 16:23
  • Hi Everyone I posted this coin when I won it, well it arrived today and I took my own pictures.
    This time I was able to get a pretty good picture and it shows a lot of detail not seen in the first.
    It is in a 2/2 flip and any marks you may see is from  the plastic on the flip.

I just can not believe how amazing this coin looks in hand, just looking at the coin you can see all the detail without a loupe.
    With a loup it blew me away, for a coin that is 119 years old, it looks like it was made for a proof set yesterday.
    What I find fascinating is where has this coin been for nearly a hundred and twenty years?

I would like to get some help here grading this coin, I say MS 66, I have great respect in the grading skills of the members of this form and would like to hear what you have to say. I hope my pictures are good enough to help in your decision. Remember any marks you see are on the plastic cover, not the coin.
    I am sorry if I made the pictures a little on the big side, I am not very good at using the software.
    Thanks everyone.
    All the best
    Alan

• Reply #1   by coinsarefun on 04 Aug, 2012 22:27
  • Hi Alan,

I'm not sure if its your images or what but it makes it look AU at best and possibly cleaned :0

• Reply #2   by coinsarefun on 05 Aug, 2012 19:54
  • Not sure if this help or not but this one is a MS63, scratches on the holder

• Reply #3   by acan451 on 06 Aug, 2012 18:17
  • That is  great looking coin, I just love the toning.
    Alan

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page:
You're not logged in

Navigation