Something special from my Christmas stocking last year

Back
  • Something special from my Christmas stocking last year   by Larry on 29 Nov, 2009 06:00

• Something special. :)

• Reply #1   by coinsarefun on 29 Nov, 2009 10:01
  • Larry, that is one stunning Pattern 3 cent :Beatingheart;
    What did it grade?
  • Reply #2   by regandon on 29 Nov, 2009 10:27
  • Outstanding Pattern Larry.
  • Reply #3   by walmann on 29 Nov, 2009 13:44
  • The surface quality of that piece is one which is extremely enjoyable to gaze at.
  • Reply #4   by Larry on 29 Nov, 2009 15:17
  • Thanks, folks.   It was graded PR-66 BN by PCGS and is the Finest Known example of its type.  : )

The grade and its Pop. 1 status were also verified by CAC.  I have spoken to both companies on the telephone when checking its status.

I bought it from Aspen Park Rare Coins, from owner Evan Gale.  I stumbled on it the first time I ever checked out the ANA website.

It mesmerized me.   :)

Being a Civil War Token collector and a large cent collector, its 1863 date tied the two collections together in a way no other coin could ever do.  : )

I have always loved the Braided Hair design on large cents, and this pattern bears a Civil War date unlike any large cent.  The vast majority of dated CWT's also bear the 1863 date.
  • Reply #5   by Zantetsuken on 29 Nov, 2009 17:25
  • Sweet looking specimen Larry. That's museum quality in my book. Santa was very nice to you. Thanks for sharing :ThumbsUp;

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page:
You're not logged in

Navigation