1958 Washington Quarter.

Back
  • 1958 Washington Quarter.   by coinsarefun on 16 May, 2011 18:41
  • Picked this one up and loved the toning. I looked it over really close and liked it, so I sent it in the be imaged.
    It was to hard for me to capture the color. Now that I have it back, I never noticed the splotches on the obverse :(

Does it bother you as much as it does me :HMMMMM;

• Reply #1   by JRocco on 16 May, 2011 21:32
  • Hi Stef,
    I agree. I don;t want to sound critical of your coin but that one is hard to look at. Sometimes spots can be OK, but not when they look like they might still be alive  :P
  • Reply #2   by coinsarefun on 16 May, 2011 21:51
  • Hi Stef,
    I agree. I don;t want to sound critical of your coin but that one is hard to look at. Sometimes spots can be OK, but not when they look like they might still be alive  :P

Yep, that's what I thought....oh well :smiley-confused005:
  • Reply #3   by FilthyBroke on 17 May, 2011 17:59
  • Yeah, I have to agree....that spot in front of George's forehead looks like it may be corrosion or something. Can silver corrode?  Something's going on threre, anyway.
  • Reply #4   by Larry on 17 May, 2011 18:27
  • It looks like irregularities in the toning is all, but not sure what caused them.

The only thing that seems a bit suspicious is the scratch  on Washington's cheek.
    Sometimes a scratch will encourage artificial toning, but it looks natural to me.
    I could be wrong.
  • Reply #5   by Deagle74 on 18 May, 2011 05:41
  • Hi All,

I have been out of coin collecting 4 some time now (lol I become a running freak now - who would tough that lol). Stefanie - this one is gorgeous, the spots are not bothering me at all.;)
    Bye good coinpeople ;)
    R
  • Reply #6   by bear on 25 May, 2011 23:26
  • I do not care for splotchy or streaky toning. I prefer either a genuine rainbow of appropriate colors

that blend properly or a pleasing even toning, that is light to medium on the surface of the coin. I find

looking at a coin is like my wife looking at a dress. If you have to think and agonize too much over

either, then you should probably pass.
  • Reply #7   by coinsarefun on 25 May, 2011 23:31
  • I do not care for splotchy or streaky toning. I prefer either a genuine rainbow of appropriate colors

that blend properly or a pleasing even toning, that is light to medium on the surface of the coin. I find

looking at a coin is like my wife looking at a dress. If you have to think and agonize too much over

either, then you should probably pass.

I wish I could have passed on this one. I did not see the spots until I got it imaged :smack;
  • Reply #8   by bear on 25 May, 2011 23:35
  • Heck, I have so many floaters in my eyes, I see spots all the time.
  • Reply #9   by coinsarefun on 25 May, 2011 23:38
  • I guess as long as your floaters are in your eyes only and don't float anywhere else
    ........I'm just sayin' :Funny;

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?