Author Topic: Newest Member WingedLiberty has the most awesome website, worthy of a visit  (Read 4102 times)

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Great site Winged Liberty..........you are to be commended :smiley-cool11:

https://mindstar.com/coins/

Offline Rigos_Place

• Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
  • 'DA MAN
    • Collectors Unleashed
That is definitely a great looking site. I saw it over at CT and book marked it so I can visit every once in a while. I recognice a couple of those toners on there.

Offline kaz

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
Yes, a great site, and nice display of some beautiful coins.  I think my favorite is the flowing hair half dollar, but I like that really old stuff.

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Truly a wonderful feast for the eyes. It must have taken a lot of thought

and a lot of effort, but it was truly worth it. Well done indeed! :)

Offline WingedLiberty

• The Color of Money
  • Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
    • The Color of Money
Thanks for all the nice comments!!!

Two of the coins came from the moderator (CoinsAreFun/Stephanie) ... the 1950-D Jefferson and the 1963 Proof Franklin. 
The 1963 Proof Franklin is the nicest looking Frankie I have ever seen!  I treasure that coin.

My personal favorite is the 1944-D Walking Liberty Half.  This might vie for being one of the most beautiful U.S. Coins I've ever seen.
I just about fainted when I opened up the envelope.  Believe it or not the coin looks 10x better in hand than my iPhone photos.
My iPhone did not capture to gorgeous green and blue undertones.

The 1795 Flowing Hair Half is the most expensive coin in my small collection.
That one set me back over $3k -- but it did complete my major type set of Half Dollars.
The field population of Flowing Hair Half Dollars is only between 3,500 and 6,000 coins, so this is a truly a rare type coin.

My biggest surprise (unexpected) coin was the 1954 Washington Quarter, which has color so fantastic, it made my heart jump. 
I stumbled on that in near real time during a live auction, so I was VERY LUCKY to have acquired that.

The most controversial coin is the 1937 lime green and strawberry pink Proof Buffalo Nickel.
This coin caused quite a stir in the CoinTalk forum; with some people saying it was "cooked" (artificially toned) and others saying it was natural. 
Though NGC blessed it, I have to say I am not sure and have doubts that PCGS would cross it, but I just liked it too much to let it pass by. 
The mirror on this coin is fantastic, and I dont see any signs of toning drops having been used anywhere.
And I have seen some other green toned nickels (including the 1940 Jefferson which is in my collection).
The fact that the toning premium was relatively low on this coin made the gamble easier to swallow.

All of these coins can be gawked at on my website  https://mindstar.com/coins
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:15:06 AM by WingedLiberty »

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Stop, untill I wipe the drool of my computer. ???

Offline acan451

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
  • Love my Sample Slabs
That is the best website I have ever seen!
The coins the colors are amazing.
You have done a great gob putting the site together.
Thanks for the chance to see so many fabulous coins
Alan