Author Topic: 1893 COLUMBUS EXPOSITION COMMEMORATIVE HALF DOLLAR HELP!!!  (Read 2879 times)

Offline acan451

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
  • Love my Sample Slabs
1893 COLUMBUS EXPOSITION COMMEMORATIVE HALF DOLLAR HELP!!!
« on: August 02, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »
Hi Everyone I posted this coin when I won it, well it arrived today and I took my own pictures.
This time I was able to get a pretty good picture and it shows a lot of detail not seen in the first.
It is in a 2/2 flip and any marks you may see is from  the plastic on the flip.

I just can not believe how amazing this coin looks in hand, just looking at the coin you can see all the detail without a loupe.
With a loup it blew me away, for a coin that is 119 years old, it looks like it was made for a proof set yesterday.
What I find fascinating is where has this coin been for nearly a hundred and twenty years?

I would like to get some help here grading this coin, I say MS 66, I have great respect in the grading skills of the members of this form and would like to hear what you have to say. I hope my pictures are good enough to help in your decision. Remember any marks you see are on the plastic cover, not the coin.
I am sorry if I made the pictures a little on the big side, I am not very good at using the software.
Thanks everyone.
All the best
Alan

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Re: 1893 COLUMBUS EXPOSITION COMMEMORATIVE HALF DOLLAR HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:27:27 PM »
Hi Alan,

I'm not sure if its your images or what but it makes it look AU at best and possibly cleaned :0

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 07:54:34 PM »
Not sure if this help or not but this one is a MS63, scratches on the holder

Offline acan451

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
  • Love my Sample Slabs
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 06:17:45 PM »
That is  great looking coin, I just love the toning.
Alan