Todays Stack's Americana Auction pickups today

Back
  • Todays Stack's Americana Auction pickups today   by coinsarefun on 26 Sep, 2009 14:41

• Connecticut, Hartford. 1861 Alfred S. Robinson. Banker, Numismatist. F-210A-2e. Fuld Rarity-8. MS-62 PL (NGC).

New York. New York. James G. Moffet. (1837). HT-297, Low-323. Copper. Rarity-2. MS-63 BN (NGC).

and last but not least...........

William Idler. (1860). Miller Pa 216-Pa 223 muling. Silver. AU-58 (NGC).

• Reply #1   by regandon on 26 Sep, 2009 16:34
  • Nice pickups..,congrats
  • Reply #2   by LotsoLuck on 26 Sep, 2009 18:38
  • I cant decide which one I like the most so I will take all three ;)
  • Reply #3   by FilthyBroke on 26 Sep, 2009 18:46
  • Wowsers!  Nice pickups!  Now for a dumb question, are those considered CWTs or store cards?  I have an online reference guide for CWTs but don't see them listed.
  • Reply #4   by coinsarefun on 27 Sep, 2009 01:00
  • Wowsers!  Nice pickups!  Now for a dumb question, are those considered CWTs or store cards?  I have an online reference guide for CWTs but don't see them listed.

No such thing as a dumb question :)

There are HTT's and HTT's Merchant Cards also,
    CWT's and CWT's that are Merchant Cards and or Patriotic themes, Indian heads would be an example, then there are Merchant cards that are after the Civil War era.

In the above examples, the middle one is a HTT Merchant and the other two are CWT's that are Merchant cards also.
    I used to have many Patriotic CWT's but sold most. I tend to like the Merchant cards as they are the business cards of today :)
  • Reply #5   by coinsarefun on 27 Sep, 2009 01:01
  • I cant decide which one I like the most so I will take all three ;)

Ok, PM me your address ;)
  • Reply #6   by FilthyBroke on 28 Sep, 2009 15:11

No such thing as a dumb question :)

There are HTT's and HTT's Merchant Cards also,
    CWT's and CWT's that are Merchant Cards and or Patriotic themes, Indian heads would be an example, then there are Merchant cards that are after the Civil War era.

In the above examples, the middle one is a HTT Merchant and the other two are CWT's that are Merchant cards also.
    I used to have many Patriotic CWT's but sold most. I tend to like the Merchant cards as they are the business cards of today :)

Ahh, I got you.  A sub-category then.  I'm learning! :)
  • Reply #7   by Larry on 29 Sep, 2009 08:01
  • coinsarefun...

While all of them are great examples, I like the Robinson token best.  It is fabulous.  : )

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page:
You're not logged in

Navigation