Author Topic: 1982 ANA Convention 3-Medal Set  (Read 2470 times)

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: 1982 ANA Convention 3-Medal Set
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 11:32:40 AM »
The purpleish border is a bit bright for me, I'd tone it down just a touch.  I'd wait for Stefanie's word on it, she's the pro at imaging and Photoshop, I'd probably check with her for tips. :)
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline Larry

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 12:26:15 PM »
If you use Photoshop, to eliminate the shadows, you can circle crop each medal and place them on a new background with color of your choice.  : )

Then save as a Photoshop document before you merge the layers by doing a Save As for a jpg and you'll have your template for future sets.  ; )

While I like all of the images, I think your image of the 1982 set is superb.  : )

I don't care for the vignetted image.

Also, on my monitor the images are far to the right of the typed text in the posting area.  I'm not sure why.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 12:27:03 PM by Larry »
I have collected U.S coins for many years, and then Civil War Tokens, but am now actively building a collection of Conder Tokens,
the coins that made the Industrial Revolution a whopping success. : )

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 08:31:17 PM »
Thanks, Larry! Actually, I put the least amount of effort into the 1982 set. The only thing I did wrong was to approximate the cropping of the image, first, when all I needed to do was add a border for a balanced image.

I'm having a problem setting the white balance on my camera, a Canon Powershot Pro 1. The photo was taken on a stark white background, but it keeps coming out gray. I don't know what I'm doing wrong in this regard.

Anyway, I'll continue to play around with everything before I decide on the best "formula" for my new album for these ANA Convention medals. Once I do come up with the right mix, I'm going to scrap my crummy looking Morgan album and start over.

I don't have Photoshop. I'm using the ACDSee Pro 3 photo software, but I still haven't figured out all of the bells and whistles yet. The thing I like about this program is that I don't have to use a hosting service like Photobucket. I can upload my photos directly from my computer to any website.

I don't know why you are experiencing the problem on your monitor either. Maybe Stef would know.

Chris
The person who can laugh at himself always laughs last.

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 08:34:18 PM »
The purpleish border is a bit bright for me, I'd tone it down just a touch.  I'd wait for Stefanie's word on it, she's the pro at imaging and Photoshop, I'd probably check with her for tips. :)

A little too bright for me, too! I'm still in the experimenting stage.

Chris

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 08:40:18 PM »
Are you shooting the medals one at a time and them putting them into the background?

Even though you use a white background and it comes out grey looking it ok as
long as the color of the coins or medals are accurate

btw......really nice medals :ThumbsUp;

Offline cpm9ball

• Top Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 08:52:55 PM »
Stef, I'm shooting them as a group. Please bear in mind that it takes this old f@rt a little time to learn things, and I don't know how to group separate images yet.

The color of the medals is accurate.

I'm really anxious to start an album for the entire series, sans the 1981 set which has eluded me for 5 years. They only made 350 sets for that year.

Thanks!

Chris

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 09:58:48 PM »
Since the color is accurate I would not worry about the background color.
If you can shoot them one at a time and use any image software to crop them
and place them together as a set with a different color background.

And...............you can't be that old of a fart............. :Funny; :Funny;