Author Topic: With a heavy heart I say that coin collector and dealer Cameron Kiefer has died  (Read 1377 times)

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
From  Coin Collectors Blog   http://coinsblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/tragic-loss-cameron-kiefer-dies.html

A Tragic Loss: Cameron Kiefer Dies

It is with great sadness to report that Cameron Kiefer, 28, died on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 from an apparent suicide. Cameron was an accomplished numismatist who had won the 2001 CSNA Literary Award and the ANA Outstanding Young Numismatist of the Year in 2002. Subsequently he became a grader at the Independent Coin Grading Company when it was located in Colorado Springs. Cameron resigned from ICG in March 2008 to become a full-time coin dealer.

I briefly became acquainted with Cameron after I posted the story about his departure from ICG. After a few email exchanges where he seemed excitedly nervous, I wished him luck and said that I hope we can do business in the future. Running a business did not come easy for Cameron which may have lead to his unfortunate decision.

Cameron Kiefer was married and left behind two children, reported to be three and one years old. My sincere condolences go out to his family and wish for better times ahead

RIP  :(

Offline Deagle74

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Even if it sounds silly - people have no real ability to take life less seriously. We are just not made to be bland/unmoved. And that drive us sometimes to the end of the road. It's a day to day effort to put things in perspective. Sometimes it's enough that you'r tired or that there is a bad weather (or a Christmas time) and you just fail to do that - even with all of support of your loved ones. And it's so sad when that happens. It never shouldn't! Nothing is more important as your life and your kids and your Family.   :(  :(  :(
Rest in Peace Cameron Kiefer.

R.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:23:33 AM by Deagle74 »

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
What a tragic story.  The more I hear and read about it, the sadder it gets.  I didn't know Cameron well, but from our dealings he seemed like a really nice guy.

He will be missed. 
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline Zantetsuken

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
That's terrible. It always make me sad when I here someone takes their own life, especially at such a young age. What's worse, is there's a wife and children left behind. I can't begin to imagine what they must be going through right now. My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends. Rest in Peace Cameron.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:09:47 AM by Zantetsuken »

Offline Larry

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Very sad.  My condolences to his family and friends, and the numismatic fraternity, men and women.
I have collected U.S coins for many years, and then Civil War Tokens, but am now actively building a collection of Conder Tokens,
the coins that made the Industrial Revolution a whopping success. : )