Author Topic: What is the most important aspect of a coin, that makes you want to buy it?  (Read 1173 times)

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Most of us start out saying its the luster, the lack of marks, the strike or the color of a coin that is

the most important. The truth of the matter is that it is all of them, taken together to give you and

overal impression. That is how PCGS grader grad a coin, the look at the totality and then check the

more technical aspects. Now in evaluating a coin, one must also consider the slab a coin comes in,

the grade and the price.Everything about a coin should come together, in a pleasing manner that

convinces you to buy it.

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Could not have said it better myself bear :1Applause;
True in every way

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
In all things in life, balance is the key. I have seen beautiful coins that lacked balnce such as an area of ugly discolor

on MS-67 L.S Quarter, or a mark on the face that just drew my eye to it like a magnet. For me, everything has to come

together in a pleasing and balanced manner, for me to be happy with a coin. In other words, the coin must call out and talk

to me.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:09:15 PM by bear »

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Honestly, the design is the most important factor for me.  When I find a nice design, I assess it's overall appeal, factoring in surfaces and color, and then strike and luster.

Most important is a nice overall look, a combination of all factors with no distractions.  I can't stand spots and distracting marks that draw the eye immediately away from a beautiful design. 
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html