Author Topic: So while I was surfing the site the other day, my nephew comes up to me....  (Read 1366 times)

Offline AnkurJ

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
And looks at the big title at the top that says "Coins Are Fun", and asks me....coins are fun? (He is 7 years old)

I look at him with wide eyes and say, of course they are fun! He asks me to show him how. So I literally RUN and grab a few things to show him. I show him some blast white morgans, some early type, some toners and explain them all to him. The entire time he is listing very carefully and asking a few questions here and there. I explain to him that they are fun for me because of the history involved, and I enjoy looking at them and building a collection.

When all was said and done, he goes....That doesn't sound like fun to me!  :LOL;  :jawdrop

I said, maybe in a few years you will understand. He says ok, and runs off!  WOW:

Ankur :)

Always buying purdy toners and early US type!

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Ahh, to be young, innocent and ignorant again.

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Well..........at least it got him thinking :smiley-cool11:

Offline FilthyBroke

• Expert Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Yeah, they'll come around when they're ready.  I was 30-something before I took an interest in history and then renewed my interest in coins.
please visit my website - http://jetoncollector.com/index.html

Offline walmann

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
If  you had pulled out the foiled wrapped chocolate coin you may have been able to get him to see the light.
Interested in world coins 1912,1917,1936,1937,1951,1960,1988,2008,2009

Offline Billy Kingsley

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • My Fotki- almost 90 thousand photos!
At least he waited to hear it all before taking off!
Billy Kingsley Member: ANA, SPMC
http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/
Collector of all coins, currency, whatever I like!