So while I was surfing the site the other day, my nephew comes up to me....

Back
  • So while I was surfing the site the other day, my nephew comes up to me....   by AnkurJ on 01 Jun, 2011 16:03
  • And looks at the big title at the top that says "Coins Are Fun", and asks me....coins are fun? (He is 7 years old)

I look at him with wide eyes and say, of course they are fun! He asks me to show him how. So I literally RUN and grab a few things to show him. I show him some blast white morgans, some early type, some toners and explain them all to him. The entire time he is listing very carefully and asking a few questions here and there. I explain to him that they are fun for me because of the history involved, and I enjoy looking at them and building a collection.

When all was said and done, he goes....That doesn't sound like fun to me!  :LOL;  :jawdrop

I said, maybe in a few years you will understand. He says ok, and runs off!  WOW:

Ankur :)

• Reply #1   by bear on 01 Jun, 2011 16:07
  • Ahh, to be young, innocent and ignorant again.
  • Reply #2   by coinsarefun on 01 Jun, 2011 16:19
  • Well..........at least it got him thinking :smiley-cool11:
  • Reply #3   by FilthyBroke on 01 Jun, 2011 19:58
  • Yeah, they'll come around when they're ready.  I was 30-something before I took an interest in history and then renewed my interest in coins.
  • Reply #4   by walmann on 02 Jun, 2011 00:12
  • If  you had pulled out the foiled wrapped chocolate coin you may have been able to get him to see the light.
  • Reply #5   by Billy Kingsley on 03 Jun, 2011 13:58
  • At least he waited to hear it all before taking off!

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Go to page:
You're not logged in

Navigation