Author Topic: A Quintuplet of newps including a medal!  (Read 1373 times)

Offline AnkurJ

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
A Quintuplet of newps including a medal!
« on: June 03, 2011, 11:27:39 PM »
Yes....I have an illness called buying coins :)

Thanks to borad member holeinone for the three coins. These three are now part of my US type registry. Feel free to post your comments/complaints/concerns etc.

First is a 1937d Three Legger Buffalo Nickel PCGS AU50. The toning on the obverse looks like the Indian Chief is wearing war paint! The reverse has very pretty rainbow hues which were difficult to capture.

Second is a 1891 Seated Quarter PCGS AU55. Very lustrous colorful toning. Sharp details!

Third is a sleeper date 1905 Barber Half PCGS AU58 with sunset reds and purples on the obverse. Sunrise on the water in winter colors on the reverse ;)
The mark on the face is not nearly as prominent in hand.

Last is an ebay purchase, a Louisiana Purchase Grand Prize Medal. It has a few dings and spots of verdigris, but for the price was very reasonable. A much lesser condition example sold for only $20 less a few weeks ago.

Thanks for looking!
Ankur

Always buying purdy toners and early US type!

Offline Billy Kingsley

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
    • My Fotki- almost 90 thousand photos!
Re: A Quintuplet of newps including a medal!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 11:43:52 PM »
Very cool, I really like the medal. Those dolphins look pretty mean, or perhaps aggrivated. Overall great design.
Billy Kingsley Member: ANA, SPMC
http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/
Collector of all coins, currency, whatever I like!

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: A Quintuplet of newps including a medal!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 11:53:17 AM »
I like the seated liberty very much. It is a truly lovely coin. Yes the 1905 is a very

underated date, that is why I purchased the MS-66+ graded one in the recent Heritage

auction. All in all, I think you did very well with your haul. Well done indeed. ;)