Author Topic: Re: Sent 21 coins for regrade to PCGS. RESULTS ARE IN AND THEY AINT GOOD!  (Read 2940 times)

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
I do not know for sure how many will upgrade, as PCGS has been very tough of late,

However, I expect at least 7 upgrades to plus, or a higher number, from the total.I will report

the results on this Forum first. So stay tuned in.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:22:55 PM by bear »

Offline acan451

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
  • Love my Sample Slabs
Re: Sent 21 coins for regrade to PCGS. They are due back by Friday.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 07:19:55 PM »
Good luck
Alan

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
Re: Sent 21 coins for regrade to PCGS. They are due back by Friday.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »
Looks like Friday will be a very existing day!

Offline walmann

• Full Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: Sent 21 coins for regrade to PCGS. They are due back by Monday.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 09:56:04 PM »
After looking at your collection , most of those coins are stunning to say the least, I am very interested in knowing your results, with photos of course.  :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:57:21 PM by walmann »
Interested in world coins 1912,1917,1936,1937,1951,1960,1988,2008,2009

Offline AnkurJ

• Learning The Ropes
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:47:45 PM »
Cue Jeopardy music :)
Always buying purdy toners and early US type!

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 12:43:57 AM »
The wait is just terrible. This part must be the

agony, I am hoping for the ecstasy

to soon begin.

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
After all appropriate coins have been reviewed by PCGS for upgrade, then will the ruthless

deleting of coins from the collection that, though nice, do not measure up to the standard

desired for the collection.

Offline bear

• Top Collector
  • Karma +1/-0
PCGS is no longer playing the upgrade game. On 21 submissions, I got back 18 NO CHANGE, NADA!

the last three have yet to be returned. It would seem that PCGS is not willing to admit that they made a

grading mistake. Thus If one leaves the coin in its original PCGS Holder, then no upgrade or down grade.

If you crack out the coin, you could get a down grade. Crossovers at same grade, even if warranted probably

aint gonna happen. If you agree to a one point drop in grade, the coin will probably pass. We go thru such

periods from time to time. Right now, it is a most difficult time for regrades, so be forewarned.It is much more

cost effective to go for a CAC sticker rather then spend a bundle in the forlorn hope of an upgrade.To say that I

am disappointed, is to be a gross understatement. I do not intend to send any more coins to PCGS for upgrade

in the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:07:56 PM by bear »

Offline acan451

• Full Collector
  • Karma +0/-0
  • Love my Sample Slabs
Sorry Bear
It must be very disappointing for you.
All the Best
Alan

Offline coinsarefun

• Administrator
  • Master Collector
  • Karma +5/-0
PCGS is no longer playing the upgrade game. On 21 submissions, I got back 18 NO CHANGE, NADA!

the last three have yet to be returned. It would seem that PCGS is not willing to admit that they made a

grading mistake. Thus If one leaves the coin in its original PCGS Holder, then no upgrade or down grade.

If you crack out the coin, you could get a down grade. Crossovers at same grade, even if warranted probably

aint gonna happen. If you agree to a one point drop in grade, the coin will probably pass. We go thru such

periods from time to time. Right now, it is a most difficult time for regrades, so be forewarned.It is much more

cost effective to go for a CAC sticker rather then spend a bundle in the forlorn hope of an upgrade.To say that I

am disappointed, is to be a gross understatement. I do not intend to send any more coins to PCGS for upgrade

in the foreseeable future.

I have noticed this for a long time. Did you submit or a dealer?
If there is a huge price jump from one grade to the other you can rest assured the coin will not grade higher!
Sorry to hear bear